Error when trying to run suggested quicken update (patches)

I have had this error for a while. One day recommended updates/patches stopped working. It would download and then come up with an error message when windows tries to install. The "Show Details" in the error dialog shows this:
------------------------------------------------
The process cannot access the file
'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w2750\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe'
because it is being used by another process.

NOTE:
I do NOT even see the folder "w2750" on my computer

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > " it is being used by another process."
    That typically indicates a task like MS OneDrive, Dropbox or other cloud backup software interfering with your software installation process.
    Configure the backup process to not run while you're installing software.
    When using Windows File Explorer, configure it to show Hidden Files and Folders.

What is the exact release number for your version of Quicken?
    If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show one of the following you are missing required software updates.

Quicken US version

Quicken Canada version:

( * minimum required release number, may be higher, subject to change without notice)

Please do this:
    Locate the US or Canada Mondo Patch file applicable to your version of Quicken in the links above.
    Download it and save it to disk.
    Open the Downloads folder. Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.
    This will replace any Quicken software modules with a known consistent release level and, hopefully, eliminate any software corruption or errors during installation as a cause of this issue.

Reboot Windows when done with the above and try Quicken again.

This discussion has been closed.