Removing account causes Quicken 2020 to hang?

I activated online services for a credit card, it updated the proper existing account "BMO" and created a second one "BMO 2" with a starting balance only from 2017, no other entries up to the present. When trying to delete the incorrect account, a box comes up; "Quicken Update Status", this hangs on connecting. Can't access the program anymore and have to kill it.

Same thing happens when I try to deactivate online services for this account.

I tried to deactivate online services for a different account, it actually tried something but threw the attached errors.

I tried to reset the account, this hangs also with the word "resetting". This never completes.

Has anyone had to deal with this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you reset your cloud data: select Edit > Preferences...Mobile & Web, and Reset your cloud data
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but that isn't enabled yet.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Jeff122

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. It looks like somethings likely hanging from the cloud sync side since you don' have it enabled but you're getting errors for it. What I recommend doing is Turn the sync on. Once it's on try going through the step that Sherlock recommended before and then see if it will fully go through. If it does go ahead and turn it off and see if you're able to now deactivate the accounts you were attempting to before. Ideally should help us with the freezing now.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• No joy, still hangs here;
  • Nice try but it needs an internet connection for this operation. Something up with my profile / ID perhaps or password vault?
  • So that actually worked, when I reconnected the internet, I was asked for my password this time. It did a sync and got rid of the account. Trouble now is that the sync threw up a whole bunch of errors. Something else to work on now... :(
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jeff122 said:
    Nice try but it needs an internet connection for this operation. Something up with my profile / ID perhaps or password vault?
    Well, at least it didn't hang ;)

I suggest you contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
This discussion has been closed.