Receiving Error CC-502 when trying to download USAA banking transactions; last download 5/14/20

I've tried for the past few nights and today during the daytime to download transactions from my three USAA accounts. I've never had a problem before, and now I consistently get error CC-502. The One Step Update process previously asked me for a password for my USAA online account but no longer does. I checked this Community for outstanding issues for USAA and do not see any. I am using Quicken Deluxe on Windows 10 Pro. My About Quicken under Help shows 2020 version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23. My last successfully downloaded transaction was dated 5/14/20.

Best Answers

• padamssm
    padamssm Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you! I'll do that.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well try this to see if you can get the on the list, but in truth USAA Federal Savings Bank has been on the list for as long as I know and as such shouldn't need "refreshing".  And I'm not even sure that your accounts will show there if they aren't connected for downloading.

In fact it is in the list of that dialog as one of the popular ones (no searching needed).

If that doesn't get it try selecting the + button on the Account bar to start an add account.
    Select the account type (should be Checking or Savings or Credit Card, it doesn't matter for this which you select).
    This where you should see this:

If you see USAA Federal Savings Bank you should be able to just click that link and this dialog will come up.
    Be sure to put in your USAA customer number not the website username.  And your PIN.

Once Quicken connects it will detect all your accounts and you should be able to then link those online accounts to your existing accounts.

If you don't get USAA Federal Savings Bank like above I suggest using the procedure below to get an clean uninstall and then reinstall Quicken.  Make sure you do the "Second" step to get rid of folder that might be causing problems (they say rename, you can just delete them).

If all that fails to get USAA on your list then the only other thing I can suggest is contacting Quicken support to see if they can resolve why it isn't listed.  They can do a screen share that might help them see what the problem is.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signature:
  • padamssm
    padamssm Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you! I'll do that.
  • padamssm
    padamssm Member
    I followed the directions to switch to Direct Connect. Direct Connect didn't appear as an option. I researched more and found instructions to deactivate the web express connection. I did that and then clicked on Set Up Now to download transactions. "USAA Federal Savings Bank" does not appear in the list of "popular financial institutions" and is not accepted as a valid financial institution; I can't go to the next screen because the Next button is greyed out unless I click one of the listed institutions. I called USAA and spoke with technical support who told me that a few weeks ago USAA made a very quick decision to go all-in with Direct Connect, abandoning all other connection options including manual, and that members weren't notified. He tried every trick he knew to but could not get my account set up with Direct Connect. He said he had no experience with a deactivated account. I am using Quicken Deluxe on Windows 10 Pro. My About Quicken under Help shows 2020 version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23. Does anyone know what I should do next?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Well try this to see if you can get the on the list, but in truth USAA Federal Savings Bank has been on the list for as long as I know and as such shouldn't need "refreshing".  And I'm not even sure that your accounts will show there if they aren't connected for downloading.

In fact it is in the list of that dialog as one of the popular ones (no searching needed).

If that doesn't get it try selecting the + button on the Account bar to start an add account.
    Select the account type (should be Checking or Savings or Credit Card, it doesn't matter for this which you select).
    This where you should see this:

If you see USAA Federal Savings Bank you should be able to just click that link and this dialog will come up.
    Be sure to put in your USAA customer number not the website username.  And your PIN.

Once Quicken connects it will detect all your accounts and you should be able to then link those online accounts to your existing accounts.

If you don't get USAA Federal Savings Bank like above I suggest using the procedure below to get an clean uninstall and then reinstall Quicken.  Make sure you do the "Second" step to get rid of folder that might be causing problems (they say rename, you can just delete them).

If all that fails to get USAA on your list then the only other thing I can suggest is contacting Quicken support to see if they can resolve why it isn't listed.  They can do a screen share that might help them see what the problem is.

Signature:
  • padamssm
    padamssm Member
    I followed the instructions in the first link. I never got to the list of financial institutions because it recognized the account as USAA and gave me a dialog box with my three accounts. Only my VISA account had the option to link; my checking and savings account fields were populated with the actual names on the USAA website (slightly different from the names I gave them in Quicken). When I clicked the Update button, all current transactions were downloaded but both a new checking and savings account were created in Quicken. I copied and pasted the old checking and savings account transactions to the new accounts and spent several hours cleaning them up. I now have Direct Connect for all my accounts and things are pretty much back to normal. Thank you SOOO much! Your responses were expert!
This discussion has been closed.