Downloading transactions from Chase Visa

Using Quicken for mac 5.16.1. In the last 10 days, Quicken no longer downloads of Costco purchases with Chase Visa. How to fix?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What connection type are you using and what FI name? If not already, you should use FI name "Chase" and Direct Connect (not Quicken Connect).

But wait, are you saying everything downloads correctly except that one merchant? That would be very strange.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • That's exactly what is happening: a single merchant, 3 transactions, none downloaded. I've been in phone contact with Quicken support. Corrupted file -- planning to restore from a back-up saved before the problem started. Fingers crossed.
  • DrNorm
    DrNorm Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > What connection type are you using and what FI name? If not already, you should use FI name "Chase" and Direct Connect (not Quicken Connect).
    >
    if I try to connect to Chase using Direct Connect, it completely rejects my connection attempts. I have always used Quicken Connect EXCEPT that it is requiring that I manually log in EVERY time (by going to edit account and selecting "change connection type" but leaving it the same and manually entering in username and PW.

this requirement for "manual updates" happens EVERY time with multiple different accounts (both credit card and savings accounts) and in multiple different Quicken files.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chase's site is completely down at the moment (even their website):

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • What if I don't want to pay $9.95/month for a Direct Connection? The free Express Web Connect method has worked for me for 25+ years, but now I can't connect to any of my Chase accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Rick Ross,

Chase doesn't charge anything to connect to Quicken via Direct Connect.  Not sure where you got tha "$9.95 for a Direct Connection" from.  Some other banks, like BOA will charge that type of fee to "pay bills" from your bank account using Quicken, but Chase doesn't charge for bill payment.

Hope this helps!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Chase doesn't charge for D/C for credit card accounts. They may charge for other consumer accounts.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chase's policy is that they don't charge for Direct Connect if it is a personal account whether it be a checking/savings/credit card, but they do charge if it is a business account.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW Update on my earlier comment.  Later in the night logging into Chase's website started working, but my downloads into Quicken still failed, but this morning it is now fixed.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.