Why does my quicken keep downloading transactions that have already been reconciled

Since 5/22/20 when I do a one step update and accept the transactions, the next day I get new transactions plus the previous days transactions that are marked as "match". Each day it keeps adding them to the matched. I now have 110 transactions that I have to accept as well as the new transactions I received that day. This is happening in only two of my accounts.

Best Answers

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TFlammia,

Which financial institution(s) is/are involved?  

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• TFlammia
    TFlammia Member ✭✭
    SunTrust Bank on one of the accounts. The other is a credit card account through Barclay.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @TFlammia,

You should review this guidance and follow the steps https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• TFlammia
    TFlammia Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I had already tried to troubleshoot utilizing that link. When I checked the download id number, all the id numbers show up in my register, but not on the downloaded transactions so I can't tell if there are any errors with the ID numbers.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI again @TFlammia,

I had a few additional follow-up questions:

1) in the Quicken registers for the 2 accounts - are you using a 2-line display?  (most people do) and if you are did you select both the Downloaded ID box and Downloaded reference box when you you were following the instructions I pointed you to?  If not, you should try that step again. 

2) are you saying that after you followed the suggested steps - none of the "duplicate" downloaded transactions have ID numbers?

3) what method are you using to download transactions from each of the problem accounts - direct connect, express web connect or web connect?

Please let me know.

Frankx

• TFlammia
    TFlammia Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I use single line and only needed to select the Download ID. Correct, none of the downloaded duplicate transactions have ID numbers. If they do there is no way for me to see them.
    I don't know how the system connects to download, so I don't know how to answer your question. I use the one-step update and it quicken automatically connects to my accounts.
    I now have 140 transactions that I have to accept daily that are already in my account. The customer support is very difficult to understand and has to look continually search for the next step. Very frustrating and unproductive.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hello @TFlammia

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

If the account is using Express Web Connect, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting and assistance.

If the connection method is Direct Connect, you will need to contact the financial institution directly as Quicken does not have access to their servers to correct this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TFlammia
    TFlammia Member ✭✭
    I have confirmed that I am using Express Web Connect
  • TFlammia
    TFlammia Member ✭✭
    Support did a fantastic job in resolving my issue. It took some time but they got it done. Jose in Guatemala was fantastic to work with. However, its been two days now since the repair and I am not getting any new transactions. It says that the account has been updated but I have no new transactions. When I log into my bank, I have plenty of new transactions. On the quicken update summary when you click on it, it tells me the balance from 7/13. What in the world is going on now?
This discussion has been closed.