bank buy out: Rabobank / Mechanics Bank

My bank Rabobank was bought by Mechanics bank; how do I change the bank but not the account? It's the same bank account. :)

Best Answers

Answers

• thanks! I couldn't find where to do that...?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - do this:

1) Open the bank account in Quicken;
    2) Click on the little "Gear Icon" in the upper right of the screen;
    3) Select "Edit account details" from the drop down menu;
    4) Click in the "Account Name" filed and change the name to "Mechanics Bank"
    5) Click "OK"

That's it!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Hi again,

There is a new user name and password to get into the Mechanics Bank account, and Quicken is not recognizing them; I called Mechanics Bank and they said that there's no reason on their end. I have been able to log in on another computer using the new UN and PW...?

Thanks,
    Julie
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you need to deactivate the account, in Q, from downloading, delete the old bank name, exit & restart Q, and re-activate the account(s) for download.
    When re-activating, be SURE to select LINK (to connect the bank to your Q accounts) rather than ADD.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.