Home Before you Buy

Extending Quicken Premier License

I have almost 1.5 years left on my license today. If I take advantage of the Premier pricing offer today, will it automatically be extended after 12/2021/

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter because the offer only applies to new users.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    I just purchased new Quicken Premier software to replace my 2019 version from a vendor other than Quicken. The version they sent me is dated 2019, not 2020 which is the version I ordered. They told me that it does not matter because I am just renewing my "Subscription". Is this true?

I am reluctant to open my new purchase since they may claim I opened and installed the version they sent me and if it does not work refuse to return/refund it.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    Hi @vandriel ,

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Yes!

Click Help > Click Enter Activation Code, as long as your Subscription expires, within 6 months.

Don't Enter the Activation Code, if your Membership expires more than 6 months from now.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R27.42 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20175.1000

Information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/quicken-bill-pay-discontinues-on-5-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    Hi @vandriel,

Assuming that you purchased the item from a reliable source (known vendor, etc.) the short answer "yes - what they said about the 'subscription' is correct".  The last version of Quicken under the non-subscription method was Q-2017, which just expired a few months ago.  All current versions are subscriptions which last for a set period of time (usually a year) and then need to be renewed. 

While there may be a CD in the "box" you bought, you really don't need that, because you can download the current version of Quicken subscription online, but the important item in the box is the "activation code" which you'll need to start the new subscription.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
    Also...

You might want to review this guidance for more info https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R26.23 - Build 27.1.26.23  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Thank you for your quick and helpful responses @thecreator and @Frankx.
    The problem I had is that Amazon listed the software I ordered under the logo as "2020" software and the seller sent me a boxed version marked "2019" which is the version I already have but which expired. Pretty confusing! But I get it, the new box has a new activation code which will extend my current version by extending my "Subscription". Right?
    edited June 19
    Hi again @vandriel,

Yes, that new activation code should extend your subscription & because your old subscription has already expired, you can use it anytime.  Just go to your Quicken account and enter the code.  Here the link you'll need https://signin.quicken.com/signin?client_id=quicken_estore&response_type=code&redirect_uri=https://www.quicken.com/qam-callback

Good luck!
    Frankx

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    vandriel said:
    The problem I had is that Amazon listed the software I ordered under the logo as "2020" software and the seller sent me a boxed version marked "2019" which is the version I already have but which expired. Pretty confusing! But I get it, the new box has a new activation code which will extend my current version by extending my "Subscription". Right?
    Right.  

There are two gotchas to watch out for:
    1. We may only extend the the subscription within the last six months.
    2. The activation code expire 24-months after it was generated.
    For a Quicken 2019 box, the activation code may have been generated in the fall of 2018 which means the activation code may expire as early as this fall.  In other words, you may need to be within six month of having your current subscription expire within three months to be able to use the activation code to extend your subscription.

To extend the subscription of the Quicken ID associated with a file, open the file and select Help > Enter Activation Code...
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    vandriel said:
    Hi @vandriel ,

Open Quicken. Click Help and post back the information.
    When you have Quicken Subscription, you will always have the latest version, unless you allow the Membership to lapse.

You don't need to uninstall and reinstall Subscription when renewing.the program with the Activation Code.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R27.42 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20175.1000

Information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/quicken-bill-pay-discontinues-on-5-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• UnknownUnknown Member
    Well gentlemen, today I finally decided to take the leap!

Went to the Help tab, selected Enter Activation Code, followed a few steps and all went just as you advised. Subscription extended thru 6/24/2021.

I am no novice to computers or Quicken but I was pretty concerned that this would not go well or that the software renewal I purchased was a bad one. Thanks to your fast responses and helpful advice that's another item to check off on my ToDo list.

I am very grateful for the time you spent helping me thru this!!!!!!

Gus van Driel
    Hi again Gus,

I am glad that it worked for you.  If you ever have other questions or issues with Quicken - don't be a stranger!!

Frankx