Manual Security Price Edit does not Synch with Mobile App

csweetra1
csweetra1 Member ✭✭
When I download prices for a portfolio using Quicken Subscription on my desktop, one price is always inaccurate (it might be too long to describe why). I manually edit the price. When I update the cloud and then synch my mobile app, the manual price is lost and the erroneous price is transferred. I cannot edit the price on the mobile app. Any idea why the edited price does not synch?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @csweetra1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include the name of the security as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • csweetra1
    csweetra1 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,
    Year is 2020 Version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23
    The Security is really the problem. It is:TROW Growth Stock Fund (401K)
    Symbol PRGFX CUSIP OBW7
    The issue with security is that the actual mutual fund with symbol above was replaced with a look-alike fund from Trowe Price. It has a lower fee cost associated with it. It does not have a symbol of its own so position is tracked with the fund symbol, but the price of each unit is less than 1/2 price of actual fund, so with each portfolio update I must update the price manually. Now I seem to be unable to set a fake symbol and just update once in a while with real price. And as indicated I cannot change price on mobile app.
    Thank you for looking at this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @csweetra1

Thank you for the additional information, although I apologize for the delay in response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • csweetra1
    csweetra1 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka
    Thank you for all the effort put into this. In meantime I have a not perfect solution. I disassociated the Trust D security from any symbol. I must update manually but once done the value is not change when reflected on the mobile app. In case I do not update every time, the value might be slightly off but not two times off the correct number. I realize if a position does not have a symbol it cannot be updated automatically.
    Thanks
    Craig
This discussion has been closed.