OL 209-B Continuing

Options
I continue to receive OL-209-B error when downloading in Quicken 18 after following all instructions in Quicken Support, including several chats and phone calls with Citi Bank. They continue to insist it is the fault of the application, not their server.

Best Answer

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I was able to get it to work finally after over half-dozen tries. This time i did the following all in this sequence:
    Delete all temp files under Start Menu, %TEMP%
    Deactivate the account under Quicken, Citi Account, Account Details, Online Services
    On Citi website after login, click on Profile, More Settings, Manage Desktop Apps
    Remove access to Quicken App.
    Click on Add Access... you now have 10 min to re - setup your Quicken account
    Activate the account under Quicken, Citi Account, Account Details, Online Services
    Link the account properly, and then it worked.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @gregory 

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look and noticed that citi bank doesn't offer Direct connect which is generally where 209 errors come from. What troubleshooting steps have you tried previously? Did you recently switch from a different version of quicken as well? How long has this also been persisting? 

Last thing here could you double check what connection method you're using. You can do so by right click on the account under the account bar and select edit/delete account. You'll get a small popup and across the top it will say online services. From here it'll have a small line saying your connection method. 

Once we're able to gather a bit more info we'll see what our next step to troubleshooting will be!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for your immediate reply.
    Other than restarting and rebooting, I haven’t done any serious troubleshooting.
    This problem surfaced about 2 weeks ago, and occurs whenever I download using Update.
    I’m currently Quicken 18 Version R26.23. I’ve been using this version about 2 years without any problems. In fact I started using Quicken in 1996. I don’t remember this error ever happening before.
    The connection method is: Direct Connect.

Gregory
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @Gregory

Thanks for the info. I was looking at citibank and noticed that the Citibank connection method only offered Express web connect but Citi Cards offered direct connect as well. Back in the online services screen where you found the connection method could you clarify which Financial Institution is being used. Another question what type of accounts do you have with citi? (Checking,Savings,Credit Card)

Another thing here is have you tried the troubleshooting steps listed here in the 209-B error article? If you haven't I would recommend trying them. 

We'll try that out and then when you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco

• Indy_Jimbo
    Indy_Jimbo Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same issue, for the same time frame, and am getting the same answer from Citibank. I have two accounts with them.

tl;dr version - using "Citibank" in the bank selection worked for me but I had to deactivate the current "Online Services" and then add like it was a new account (not using the "set up now" option in the account itself"

More detailed answer:

- I deleted the temp files as suggested by several articles with no change.

- I tried to "reset" each connection and it fails with a "Quicken could not complete the account reset", suggesting it might be a problem connecting with Citibank or my password (it's not).

- I deactivated both and tried re-adding the connection using "Citi Cards" in the bank selection. It connects, finds my accounts, sets up the "link" and then gets an error "Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" when it tries to finish the connection. Citibank is now set up as the "Online service" for both accounts but is back to the OL-209-B error

- I deactivated both again and tried re-adding the connection using "Citibank" in the bank selection. Again, it connects, finds my accounts, lets me link them - and this time it worked.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @Indy_Jimbo

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it up and working! Thank you as well providing the information how you fixed it. It sounds like you were previously using citi cards but is now working under the citibank connection instead. 

Please let us know if anything else pops up!

Thanks 
    Quicken Francisco
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I was able to get it to work finally after over half-dozen tries. This time i did the following all in this sequence:
    Delete all temp files under Start Menu, %TEMP%
    Deactivate the account under Quicken, Citi Account, Account Details, Online Services
    On Citi website after login, click on Profile, More Settings, Manage Desktop Apps
    Remove access to Quicken App.
    Click on Add Access... you now have 10 min to re - setup your Quicken account
    Activate the account under Quicken, Citi Account, Account Details, Online Services
    Link the account properly, and then it worked.
This discussion has been closed.