I get error code 1638 when I try to download Quicken, Or it say I don't have the system requirements

I have tried to download Quicken 2020 as this is where my checkbook and accounts are. When I try, if it tries 2020 it gives me error code 1638. Sometimes it will say it is downloading 2019 and says if I have Window Vista. Windows 7 or Windows 8 to follow the instructions. I am running Windows 10. I have talked to the people at Quicken 2 or 3 times and they can't help me. Please can some computer person tell me how to fix this so I can get my information back.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Download the Q 2020 installation file again, but this time save it to disk (typically it goes into the Downloads folder), then follow these instructions:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/installation-error-cannot-be-completed-because-your-system-does-not-meet-minimum

•  Beejam77
    Beejam77 Member
    How do I save it to disk? It automatically go in the download folder?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Downloads folder is where you want the installer app to go. From Windows File Explorer (This PC) navigate to that folder and double click the Q logo to launch the installer.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beejam77 said:
    How do I save it to disk? It automatically go in the download folder?

That depends on the browser which you use and its settings.
    When you start a download, the browser should prompt you to save or run when download is complete.
  •  Beejam77
    Beejam77 Member
    Are you saying to copy the program to a CD? or just add it to C:
  •  Beejam77
    Beejam77 Member
    Help somebody. I am so frustrated.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your browser has the capability to download files...
    It has a setting/option - how to handle these downloads -
    prompt for where,
    or just automatically download them into your "download" folder on your hard disk.
    After the download completes -
    just click on the downloaded file to begin the install of Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

•  Beejam77
    Beejam77 Member
    Every time I download it I get the 1638 error code. PLEASE somebody help me as It will not download.
  •  Beejam77
    Beejam77 Member
    It will not run with this error code. It won't even open the application.
  • Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Alumni mod
    edited June 2020

Hello Beejam77

Thank you for reaching out in the Community, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the software download. I see that you are questioning how to save the program installer to the disk as per UKR, but first, were you able to follow the instructions that UKR posted via THIS LINK?

To save the installer to the disk, if you wish to do so, find the program installer in your downloads folder, right click, choose COPY from the menu provided. Now open File Explorer (if it isn’t already open) look to the left portion of the window, find and click on the C Drive. (This may be labeled WINDOWS C or possibly OS: C) Once you have clicked on the C Drive, move to the right side of the window, right click the mouse and choose PASTE.

At this point follow the directions from THIS LINK.

Please post if there are further issues so that we may further assist.

Thank you

-          Quicken Diana

•  Beejam77
    Beejam77 Member
    I've tried everything anyone has suggested and it still will not install. Is there any way to get my information from there so I can create it in another program?
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After doing a Search I saw where someone had a problem with an Intuit product and they mentioned MS Visual as a possible problem.

You can try to repair or reinstall MS Visual C++ (Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019)
    Just make sure you download the right one(s) and also remember where you saved to download.
    After installing or repairing try reinstalling Quicken.
    Just a suggestion
    No guaranties

Note my Windows 10 Pro 2004 64 bit
    shows both having the x86 and x64 installed.
    You might want to check your out too.
    Settings - Apps

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Beejam77

I am sorry for the delayed response. Have you been able to install the Quicken software? If not, I would like to suggest calling SUPPORT so that we can go through the process with you, identifying and solving any issues that arise. This may be the best way to resolve this error.

Thank you

-          Quicken Diana

•  Beejam77
    Beejam77 Member
    I finally had to buy a Quicken setup disc. It loaded so I am in good shape now. Thanks everyone for trying to help me.
This discussion has been closed.