My check register doesn't list transactions in date order. How can I fix this?

Until recently my check register listed all transactions by the date that they occurred. Now it does not list them in that order. How can I correct the register sir that transactions are listed by date?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    I'm not sure what columns you have between Date and Payee (by default they're next to each other). But if there's another column with the arrow, then you have not clicked on the Date heading to have Quicken sort by Date. Here's what it looks like:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on the date column header.  If you want the date column in the other direction, click it again.
    There's an arrowhead in one column header in that account.  THAT's the column that the account is currently sorted on, and the direction.
    You can click on any of the column headers to sort on that column.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Thank you , I have tried that and it has not worked. I think that I will close Quicken and reopen it in a few minutes and see if that helps.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an arrowhead in ANY column header?
    Does is agree with what you're seeing in the transaction order?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• There is an arrowhead in the column between payee and date. The arrowhead is pointing down and it appears that June transactions are listed in date order, until you scroll down and see that there are a number of uncleared items with dates in June, earlier than today's date, and placed between cleared transactions with dates of 01/02/20 and 02/12/20.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    I'm not sure what columns you have between Date and Payee (by default they're next to each other). But if there's another column with the arrow, then you have not clicked on the Date heading to have Quicken sort by Date. Here's what it looks like:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Thank you this was helpful and solved the problem. I had a similar problem with a credit card account that had a transfer column. I didn't use it snd removed the transfer column and it reorganized the transactions by date.
This discussion has been closed.