Quick Pay transactions must be manually matched when downloaded from my bank

Whenever I download transactions from my bank, if the transaction was payed using Quick Pay I can't get it to automatically match, and must manually match it. I've added renaming rules that seem to be working, changing the transaction name coming in from my bank to an exact match to what is in my register, but it won't automatically match. Anyone experiencing the same thing, or have an idea? Windows 10, subscription version of Quicken, latest version.

Regards

Answers

• john141
    john141 Member
    P.S. Suntrust bank, Express Webconnect, Quicken Bill Pay would always match transactions.

Regards
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited June 2020
    Hello @john141,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type currently being used.

You can find this information by going to Tools>Account List:

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

You may also find the information outlined in this Support Article to be helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• john141
    john141 Member
    Thank you Quicken Natalie for your response. I have a question. Since Quicken Bill Pay would automatically match and Quick Pay does not I'm confused. Did Quicken Bill Pay cover a float of money, meaning they paid and then put in a transaction to my bank backdated so they automatically matched (with renaming rules created automatically) because the payee, date, and amount matched? Or is there some code in Quicken that made it work? I understand from the link you sent me that the payee, date, and amount have to match for an automatic match. But why could Quicken Bill Pay do it vs. Quick Pay?

Regards
This discussion has been closed.