Home Quicken for Windows Signing in, Passwords, and Activation (Windows)

Today's update made it impossible to reach Quicken server. Oops! Something went wrong

Since applying today's update, I cannot log into Quicken. It takes my program login but then asks me to log into the Quicken website. Then I get the error message that Oops! Something went wrong. We cannot access the Quicken server.

Answers

• fdhanna1fdhanna1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken on Windows - not Mac.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @fdhanna1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have your Quicken file open when you experience this error, try these steps first:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID syncing and alerts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Please let me know if this works to correct the error.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • soukup1313soukup1313 Member ✭✭
    I tried this and it didn't work.
    It will not let me into Quicken. Enter password and it momentarily says "Success" then returns to the "Oops" screen.
    Hello @soukup1313

Thank you for the response and for attempting that step, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here. Please skip the first step as this is the sign-out and sign back in a step that was previously done.

Please let me know how it goes!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    This didn't work either. I tried all three options. It validated, showed my data then back to Oops something went wrong. I clicked on the Sign In and it wouldn't let me sign in, it said Oops also
  • warrenjg1warrenjg1 Member
    The only solution that you proposed that corrected the problem was to:
    1) Download latest update and apply,
    2) Login with a different Administrator account to the PC,
    3) Launch Quicken (logout of Quicken after it creates a new data file, don't configure).
    4) Restart PC and login with regular account.
    5) Launch Quicken normally.
    6) Back in Business....
    (note I do not keep the Quicken data file in the default location, this may prevent new user from clobbering existing/replacing old data file)
  • peteval333peteval333 Member
    On Thursday June 25, when I opened my Quicken for Windows app, I got my sign in screen. I enter my e-mail address and password and then I get an error message that the program cannot connect to the quicken server. I contacted support and spent an hour in troubleshooting. I ended up doing a complete uninstall and reinstall. The app worked for awhile and then on Friday afternoon, I had the same login error. I again contacted online support and they told me it was an issue on their end and they were working on it. It could take several days to resolve with no guarantees? That to me is unacceptable. Is anyone else having this same issue? Thanks for any insight.
  • John FJohn F Member ✭✭
    I was also updated to Quicken Version R27.24 early this morning (3:48 AM 6/27/2020) and now I can't even sign into my account. "We are unable to contact the Quicken server." is what I get trying to sign in to my quicken. They've fully broken Quicken with Build : 27.1.27.24. The version : R26.23 on my Windows 7 machine seems to still work.
  • David24David24 Member ✭✭
    edited June 27
    There was an error rendering this rich post.
  • John FJohn F Member ✭✭
    Just finished a long session with Quicken Chat Help. Multiple Control/Shift/Click Key combinations and I seem to be back in business! New TEST file then back to my original file. A Validate data file and a Super Validate data file were required. Not for the faint of heart or impatient minds. Very bad path to damage user confidence in Quicken and their testing of updates before damaging our vital data!
  • David24David24 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Can't see my data.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    warrenjg1's solution seems to be the only one that works. Validation and Quicken Tyka's answer were of no use. It seems a shame to have to set up another Administrator account to clear this error
  • brucepechbrucepech Member ✭✭
    > @"John F" said:
    > I was also updated to Quicken Version R27.24 early this morning (3:48 AM 6/27/2020) and now I can't even sign into my account. "We are unable to contact the Quicken server." is what I get trying to sign in to my quicken.

I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone with the problem signed in successfully?
  • peteval333peteval333 Member
    I just completed my third online chat support session with Charlie from Quicken. He had me open the program but instead of loging in, he said set up a test file and select no sync with mobile or web. It then asked for my login info and after doing that it opened the program and had all my files. I opened the second file listed after my test file and I was back in business. This Quicken tech said there was a bug in the latest update that was causing issues that they are working on. But so far, I’m back in business. Hope this helps others with thus issue.
  • brucepechbrucepech Member ✭✭
    Peteval333's workaround appears to solve the problem. I'm guessing but I think turning off sync is the key.
  • Lew148Lew148 Member
    Same problem as others. Updated yesterday- now just get message Oops Something went wrong. This has been going on for about 24 hours now and is totally unacceptable and of course Quicken support is closed for the weekend.
  • khagankhagan Member ✭✭
    Looks like I have once again got to track down a way to get Quicken to work properly after an update.
    I would really like to know what it is that gets altered and stops my application from working perfectly.
    I dread these updates and refuse to install them due the number of hours I have to spend fixing things afterward. Unfortunately, the app "automatically" installed the latest update and here we go again...
    An option to not install the latest update would be appreciated as this is getting tedious.
    Attached an image of the error.
    Please don't respond with the usual uninstall, clean install instructions as we know those don't work.
  • khagankhagan Member ✭✭
    Attached some more screen shots of the notices I get when trying to re-register my ID, the CPU usage that goes through the roof (still) when the registration process starts, the signed in page of Quicken- so my ID is working but I don't see too much info on that screen. All this stuff is the same as the last issue I had.
    I did try to restart in safe mode and get my ID to register - which worked last time - but had no success this time.
  • khagankhagan Member ✭✭
    I have essentially attempted to go through the steps that I was asked to go through last time this happened. I reinstalled the app from the latest download, "signed out" when restarting the app (as I still wasn't able to log in anyway). Now I am am unable to access my data, as I am signed out, and still unable to sign in - same errors. Basically, this is exactly what happened back in February...whatever you guys are doing with this updates needs to be reviewed! I had a couple of months where I was able to successfully download the updates without any issues and this sign-in issue again. It is a lot of my time wasted. Really unimpressed.
  • DJJonesDJJones Member ✭✭
    Suddenly, my user name and password fail. I AM CAREFUL to enter this data and checked it five times. IT GIVES ME AN "OOPS, SOMETHING WENT WRONG." So, I came here and reset my password, by asking for a RESET PASSWORD email, sent to the VERY SAME EMAIL address and IT FAILS!!!!!! WHAT CAN I DO?
  • Don STEWARTDon STEWART Member ✭✭
    When I enter Data File PW it attempts briefly to load then brings up the Quicken ID logon screen comes up and when I enter what I know to be the correct logon and PW, it's incorrect.
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    Hi @Don STEWART,

Please review the guidance provided here.

If you still have problems after following that guidance, get back to us and we'll try something else.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R28.24 - Build 27.1.28.24  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Don STEWARTDon STEWART Member ✭✭
    I've already changed Quicken ID Password but the same results.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 29
    My renewal isn't scheduled til October, but when I opened Quicken today it would not let me auto update without a renewal...which I did. Now I cannot login to Quicken at all...changed password multiple times and I still get the OOPS screen. I have no connection issues (it let me sign into the Q website to change the password successfully 3 times)(Removed-Rant)
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    In fact, when I sign in I see the "Success" screen but then i get the Oops screen. This is incredibly frustrating
    edited June 29
    I am having the SAME ISSUES. I LOAD Quicken and enter my Program Password. Then, the Windows opens asking me for my LOG IN and using my User Name (email address) and my password (which got me in HERE and has NOT changed) it will not accept it and I get the OOPS screen. (Removed-Rant)
    edited June 29
    (Removed-Rant)
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to correct the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • hurstolds1hurstolds1 Member
    Same problem here. Can someone with Quicken please let us know when this issue will be resolved?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.