Home Before you Buy

What is being uploaded to the quicken online?

The previous versions of quicken did not need an online connection.
But for the past few years quicken doesn't function unless there is a user id.

With all the privacy and hacking concerns, I would like to know what is being uploaded to online quicken site? Are the amounts we enter uploaded to the quicken site without our consent?

Answers

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    It all depends.  If you have Mobile & Web turned on then, yes, some of your financial data is uploaded because without it you would not be able to access and sync your Quicken data with your Mobile device nor on the Web.  By turning on this feature you have given your consent to this.
    If you don't have Mobile & Web turned on, then:
    • No financial data is uploaded to your Cloud Account.
    • If you download from your financial institutions via EWC connections, then your log in information for those specific accounts (and only those accounts) is uploaded to your Cloud Account.  Intuit accesses that information at night to download transactions to their server so you can import them into Quicken later.
    • If you do not download any information via EWC and download only via DC or WC or if you only enter transactions manually, then the information kept in your Cloud Account is minimal and it does not include any of your financial accounts login information.
    You can delete your Cloud Account but in order to do that you need to open a new data file and delete it from there.  But when you create that new data file you've created a new Cloud Account for that new data file so that is counterproductive.  Additionally, if you use any online services in your main data file Quicken will recreate your deleted Cloud Account automatically.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R28.16 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    How do you turn on or off the mobile & web option you are talking about, I don't see anything in Quicken desktop. Is this a feature online? I don't use web or mobile, so I like to turn this off.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you turn on or off the mobile & web option you are talking about, I don't see anything in Quicken desktop. Is this a feature online? I don't use web or mobile, so I like to turn this off.
    Select Edit > Preferences...

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""edmond melkomian" ,

If you restore a Manual Backup, it will appear to Sync, but nothing gets synced.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20190.1000

Information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/quicken-bill-pay-discontinues-on-5-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1