Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Prompts for Sync

I know I can disable prompts for sync-ing, but I like the prompt when I'm leaving QFW. However, after I run the sync, I try to exit Quicken again and I get another prompt to sync. Is there a way to just "sync and exit" in Quicken for Windows?

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If I understand your question correctly you want to be asked to sync, but not asked to exit after that.  If so, why can't you leave this dialog with the check mark unselected:

And this with select it and then Exit:

If you do that the next time you exit your data file you will get the first dialog, but not the second.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    I'm not getting that second prompt Cloud Sync Complete. Is there a setting to get this to appear again?
    I'm not getting that second prompt Cloud Sync Complete. Is there a setting to get this to appear again?
    Edit -> Preferences -> Alerts & Messages -> Reset Quicken Warnings
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Chris,
    Still no luck after resetting the alerts. I use File, Exit, then get a prompt to sync. After the sync, I'm back in Quicken. It requires a second File, Exit to leave.
    I don't know what to say.  On my test data file it prompted me for the sync and then closed (after the last time I turned off the prompt for closing).

You might see if selecting the X close button in the upper right of Quicken does something different.  There have been reports like that, but in my case they both worked the same.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Chris, no change when using the X. It's just a minor annoyance so no need to beat this to death. Thanks anyway!
This discussion has been closed.