R27.24 dropped keyboard shortcut for entering transactions

I used to be able to enter my tranactions with a keyboard shortcut, but that seems to have gone away with the latest update.

Best Answers

Answers

• kguske
    kguske Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    This loss of productivity is not trivial. It greatly reduces the ability to quickly enter / process downloaded transactions (Removed-Rant/Unhelpful) 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Just for reference, here's another discussion on this subject:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877322/alt-a-no-longer-an-option/p1

• Cannonball
    Cannonball Member
    OK, Quicken! Assume you read these pages. Is this problem going to be rectified? Anytime soon? Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

The keyboard shortcut ALT+A no longer working to save a transaction has been reported.

At this time, there is no ETA I can provide as to when it will be available again, however it is currently being researched and worked on.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

CTP-832
    ~~~***~~~
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    The historic waterfall development framework Quicken was developed on since I became a user in 1986 is no longer relevant. And yet Quicken refuses to adapt to Agile - while its users wonder what the heck has been going on for the past 10-15 years. The product not only lacks innovation for improving ease-of use and insights, but introduces bugs and drops feature/functionality while we all sit throwing money at it waiting for them to get back to baseline, let alone an innovative service we actually enjoy supporting with our hard-earned cash.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Hokieinidaho what does the development model have to do with this?

They made a decision to change the save button, the specified what it should be like "Remove Save button and put in save icon instead", and they tested and released that.

The development model.

Has no bearing on this.

Was a bug introduced?
    I can't tell because I haven't seen the spec.  If the spec said "Change the Save button to a Save icon, but leave all other functionality the same."  Then one could argue that dropping the Alt+A shortcut was a mistake.  But that spec seems unlikely because the whole reason Alt+A was there is because the Save button there and the a was underlined to show that Alt+A can used to "push it".  And if you are removing something like a button why would you leave a shortcut that now make no sense and no way for a new user to know it is there?

And if the program is working to "to spec" there isn't a bug.

And for what is worth Quicken Inc has been using the Agile development model for years now.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Chris,

I will humor you a response. The mention of the agile vs. waterfall was indicative of the seeming lack of speed AND innovation from Quicken. [removed - violation of community guidelines]

Later.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've been a paying customer of Quicken since 30 years before it was created???
    WOW!!! :p

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Hokieinidaho
    Hokieinidaho Member ✭✭✭
    Trolls win. I'm unsubscribing.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH, and Agile is grossly inappropriate when the codebase is old and tangled.  You simply CAN'T release new code quickly when a LONG testing cycle is required.
    What you propose would require re-writing Q from scratch. 
    They're trying that with QMac ... and QMac has still not achieved parity with QWin or QM2007.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    @Hokieinidaho waterfall and agile are just development processes and give no indication of speed or the innovation.  [removed - violation of community guidelines]
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

This thread has turned argumentative and is being closed.

The removal of the Alt + A shortcut is a bug that has been reported to our Development teams and should be restored in an upcoming release.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this unintentional change and we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.