Only certain transactions not appearing

I sit down to budget every week or so and when I do I always check the final ending balance on Quicken to my bank statement. For 4 years it has worked, but I've been troubleshooting an issue for 3 days and I'm just about to call it quits with Quicken.

The USAA quick update changed recently and I didn't have any issues. I'm running 1 USAA checking account off the app and it's worked since that update for about 2 months.
When I sat down a couple days ago I noticed my ending balance higher than my online. When I started to get into the issue it just kept getting worse.

I reconciled with online balance and nothing was flagged. I went into the online center and nothing was flagged. I reconciled on my paper statement, which came out end of last week and still Quicken still didn't see anything. I reset my account and that didn't help either. After going through line by line for 2 months I found 4 random transactions that didn't make it into Quicken - some loan payments and a debit card transaction. My balance is still different by ~$300 now and it would be a waste of time to keep going back in time hoping to find the differences.

I created a new account and downloaded my transactions from USAA in and it brought those "ghost" transactions listed above. I compared those 45 days to current Quicken file and couldn't find any discrepancies beyond those 4 above transactions.

I'm curious as to why those transactions were not brought in, when there have been no issues for years. But now there's some huge problem

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.