Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Scam alert

Has anyone noticed anything strange regarding Quicken Support? I called Tech Support (number removed). My personal password from another site had been compromised, so I changed it throughout all sites, including Quicken and all banks I use.
Immediately, One-Step Update failed for most all of them. Error code CC-511(Temp System Issue).
When I spoke with Frank (sounded Indian or Pakistani), he directed me to Helpme.net so he could access my computer. He said some back-office techs would analyze my Quicken file and respond.

Ultimately, my file is 43% corrupted and I would have to purchase special tech support for three years at $299 USD! This is because I corrupted my file by simply changing the password???

When I said I have free tech support by purchasing Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version R27.24, 'Frank' said this special tech support package was because my file was corrupted.

I've been with Quicken for 20 years and have never heard of such a thing. I've had files become corrupted over time, and had to create a new file from scratch. I can do that without paying extortionate prices.

I suspect scam here. In fact, I called the same number again this morning, 12 hours later, and 'Frank' answered again. When I asked whether he works for Quicken, he asked who I am.

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30
    I don't know where you got that phone number, but it's not Quicken. Yes, it's a scam.

To get to real Quicken support, click on "Learn & Support" at the top of this page and navigate that page.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Thank you. I have used that number in the past and gotten legit Quicken Tech Support. It's quite clever, the criminal mind.
This discussion has been closed.