Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Credit Score for Spouse

It would be nice to have the option of purchasing an extra credit report (or reports) so that my spouse's credit report could be tracked alongside mine in Quicken Premier. Anyone know of if Quicken is entertaining that idea?

Best Answer

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get a free credit report every year from each of the three big credit reporting agencies.  I stagger mine every four months to have them spread out over the year. 
    Discover, Chase, Capital One and many more financial institutions will give you monthly/quarterly credit score updates free for just having an account with them.  Check with your bank or credit union.
    Trying to deal with it in Quicken seems like a waste of time and money if you have to have two subscriptions to get two credit scores.  Just my .02.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Credit Karma will give you your credit score for free.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Dave508Dave508 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses - I was thinking it would be convenient to have both mine and my wife's score in Quicken. Quicken might as well discontinue any credit score if I have to keep up with my wife's using a different method - may as well keep up with mine that way too.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I like Credit Karma.  Totally free for credit reports/scores from 2 of the credit agencies and it gets updated every 1-2 wks instead of having to wait 1-3 months or more. I've been using them for years and find most other options for the most part pale in comparison.  The only thing they are lacking, in my mind, is the credit report/score from the 3rd credit agency.
    They also provide a basic free credit alert service and also offer free federal and state tax returns and e-filing (but I wouldn't use them for complex tax returns since they do not yet have all of the necessary forms for those) and have free services to help you find competitive credit cards, auto insurance and more.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R28.16 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
This discussion has been closed.