Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Is there a problem updating investment prices?

Quicken either failed to update investment prices or they are not appearing for Fidelity brokerage on 6-30-20 as of 10pm. Today (7/1) after the market closed, there are no investment updates appearing for Fidelity or Vanguard.

Is this a known issue?

R27.24
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• TA3TA3 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock for that pointer.

Sounds like Yes there is a problem updating investment prices.

Now I have figure out how to revert to a prior version.
  • TA3TA3 Member ✭✭
    Sherlock: "For us, performing the quote update after the One Step Update works around the issue: press Ctrl + U and select Update"

Thanks for the tip. Other shortcuts work, eg CTRL+A brings up accounts, CTRL+K brings up a calendar. If I do a One Step update then close that dialog box then press CTRL+U from the main Investing tab, nothing appears to happen and I see no option to select Update. Is there a particular screen or box where I should press CTRL+U ?

Fwiw, I did find that after doing a One Step update (updates do not appear), if I then go to the 'Security Detail View' for a particular investment and click-on 'Download Quotes' then a box appears showing a connection and all investments are updated. I'll see if this works tomorrow and, if so, use that approach as a workaround without reverting to a prior release.

Thank you for your help - much appreciated.
  • TA3TA3 Member ✭✭
    Got it.

Thanks again.
  • jfclaguejfclague Member ✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    TA3 said:
    Sherlock: "For us, performing the quote update after the One Step Update works around the issue: press Ctrl + U and select Update"

Thanks for the tip. Other shortcuts work, eg CTRL+A brings up accounts, CTRL+K brings up a calendar. If I do a One Step update then close that dialog box then press CTRL+U from the main Investing tab, nothing appears to happen and I see no option to select Update. Is there a particular screen or box where I should press CTRL+U ?

Fwiw, I did find that after doing a One Step update (updates do not appear), if I then go to the 'Security Detail View' for a particular investment and click-on 'Download Quotes' then a box appears showing a connection and all investments are updated. I'll see if this works tomorrow and, if so, use that approach as a workaround without reverting to a prior release.

Pressing Ctrl + U should open the Portfolio view with a selectable Update button:

Unfortunately, if you run a One Step Update, it reverts back to the previous amounts.
  • TA3TA3 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for that info jfclague. Good to know.

I don't frequent this forum. I'm curious - do problems identified by users here somehow get relayed to Quicken? Does Quicken acknowledge issues reported by end-users, to the effect of creating a 'case' and saying they will fix it?

Thanks.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfclague said:
    Sherlock said:
    TA3 said:

Pressing Ctrl + U should open the Portfolio view with a selectable Update button:

Unfortunately, if you run a One Step Update, it reverts back to the previous amounts.
    Fortunately, if you press Ctrl + U and select Update, it reverts back to the previous amounts.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.