Home Before you Buy

Financial Statements?

Does Quicken provide Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statements?

Answers

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I believe Home & Business does but I'm not 100% sure since I don't have that version.  However, you can try out the program for 30 days and if it doesn't meet your needs or you don't like it you can cancel within that time frame and get your purchase refunded.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R28.28 on Windows 10)
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both "Balance Sheet" and "Profit and Loss" are BUSINESS accounting terms, not PERSONAL.
    Q is a PERSONAL Financial Management system, which doesn't provide reports by those names.
    The "Personal" names for those reports are "Net Worth" and"Income and Expense", and such reports are available in every version of Quicken.
    And, BTW, H&B uses the personal terminology also.
    You MIGHT want to look at Quickbooks, which is a business accounting product. It handles the reports that you're requesting (using the requested terminology), BUT it can't handle Investment accounts.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • kathyatstobyskathyatstobys Member
    Thanks for the replies!
    I'm very familiar with quickbooks. I've got a small company I'm needing to set up books for. Was hoping not to have to spend quickbooks kind of money on such a small project.
    Thanks again!
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    How about creating a Net Worth type of report ... and simply name it "Balance Sheet"? And save it with the "Balance Sheet" name and title.
    The format will still be Q's Net Worth format (which is very different from QB's Balance Sheet), but it will contain the info.
    Same concept, and qualification, for "Profit & Loss".
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.