Scheduled Investment Transaction Groups not being entered

Options
rsohn
rsohn Member ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I have had an Investment Transaction Group for many years that I use for 401(k) contributions. It is scheduled for every 2 weeks, automatic entry. Starting in late May/early June, I noticed it was no longer entering the transactions on the scheduled dates.

When l look in Bills and Incomes Reminders, I see that the due date gets reset (as if the transaction group were processed). But the next date is 2 to 3 months in the future. (when I first notice this in June, the next schedule date was sometime in late August, When I notice it today -- July 3 -- the next schedule date was October 20.)

If I edit the transaction group to try to reset the due date to today (July 3), the group gets scheduled for July 31 (4 weeks later). If I go back and edit the Transaction Group again, it shows the due date as August 14 (6 weeks later). When I open the transaction to check the settings, the due date is advance another 2 weeks, even if I didn't change anything.

I thought about trying to recreate the Scheduled Investment Transaction Group, in case something had gotten corrupted, but the button for the Investment Type of transaction is greyed out.

Best Answer

Answers

• rsohn
    rsohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Frankx
    Thanks for the reminder about selecting an Investment Account. It's been so long since I had to create a transaction group I had overlooked that.

I deleted and recreated the group. So far, so good. It seems to be keeping the proper Due Date. I noticed one weird thing though when I first created the group: There are 10 transactions in the group, and when I first hit Save, the due date was updated 10 times, 2 days later for each iteration, all the way out to Nov 20. Once it was done, the final Due Date cycle back to today.

I guess I'll have wait 2 weeks for the round of automatic entries to see if this is truly fixed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds good @rsohn!

Get back to me if you have any additional issues going forward.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.