Calendar daily balance does not match checking account balance.

I am using Quicken Premier 2020 for Windows. I only have one checking account linked to my calendar, and the daily balance does not match what is in my checking account. The daily balance shows that I have much more than reality. I don't have uncleared checks that would make up the difference. Any thoughts?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    Hi again @mrsmagpie,

Okay - so I think I have the answer now.  The reason that you aren't seeing the correct balance is because you have a current or past "bill & income reminder" that you haven't dealt with.  The balance shown in the daily calendar includes the cash balance for all accounts you have checked (on whatever date you are looking at) PLUS or MINUS any open bill & income reminders related to those particular accounts. 

So if you adjust the current balance in the bank account you have checked, by adding and/or subtracting any current or past-due reminders - related to that checked account - you'll get the amount in the calendar.

Please reply back so I can sleep tonight!

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrsmagpie - I was thinking along the same line as @Frankx .  It's easy to check to see if this might be causing your issue.  Go back into your Calendar options and make sure the right options are checked.  Here are the ones I like checked (circled in red) because I think they provide the most accurate picture in Calendar for current + projected account balances:
    The yellow highlighted option will show a register below Calendar and one of the tabs is Bills & Income Reminders.  If there are any past due and due reminders there they will show up as "Overdue" and "Due" and they need to be resolved (i.e., ignore, delete, enter, edit) so your current checking account balance in Calendar matches what your Checking Acct register shows..

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    @mrsmagpie - My assumption is that you have set the cash projections graph to show below the calendar and that is what has been set to show only your checking account.  But that does not affect what you see in the calendar which has its own settings.  Click on the "Options" button at the top right of the calendar, make sure the options you want reflected in the calendar are checked and then click on "Select calendar accounts" in that options drop-down menu.  Review the accounts to ensure that only the account(s) you want shown (only your checking account?) are checked and then click "OK."
    Does this resolve your issue?

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mrsmagpie,

Even though you only have one checking account, there may be other accounts that are showing up in that total number that appears in the bottom right hand corner of each calendar block.  To see which accounts are included do this:

1) Press Ctrl + K
    2) in the top right hand corner of the Calendar - Click "Options" and then click on "Select Calendar Accounts"
    3) In the Pop-up Box, you will see green check marks beside each Quicken account that is being added together to produce that total amount which appears in the calendar each day. These accounts can be bank accounts, credit card accounts, and even assets and liabilities - you decide which ones you want included by adding or deleting the check mark next to the account name.
    4) When you are done making your selection(s) - click "OK" and you are done.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I have only the one account marked in the "select calendar accounts". That seems like it should make it easy, but it isn't correct.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @mrsmagpie,

So let's try something else - follow steps 1) and 2) of the instructions that I gave above and then:

3) Click on the "Clear All" button;
    4) Next page down in the window until you find the one bank account that you want to appear and click on it;
    5) Click "OK".

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• Thanks, but I tried that already and have triple checked that the one checking account is the only one marked.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @mrsmagpie,

Okay - so I think I have the answer now.  The reason that you aren't seeing the correct balance is because you have a current or past "bill & income reminder" that you haven't dealt with.  The balance shown in the daily calendar includes the cash balance for all accounts you have checked (on whatever date you are looking at) PLUS or MINUS any open bill & income reminders related to those particular accounts. 

So if you adjust the current balance in the bank account you have checked, by adding and/or subtracting any current or past-due reminders - related to that checked account - you'll get the amount in the calendar.

Please reply back so I can sleep tonight!

Frankx 

• Boatnmaniac
    @mrsmagpie - I was thinking along the same line as @Frankx .  It's easy to check to see if this might be causing your issue.  Go back into your Calendar options and make sure the right options are checked.  Here are the ones I like checked (circled in red) because I think they provide the most accurate picture in Calendar for current + projected account balances:
    The yellow highlighted option will show a register below Calendar and one of the tabs is Bills & Income Reminders.  If there are any past due and due reminders there they will show up as "Overdue" and "Due" and they need to be resolved (i.e., ignore, delete, enter, edit) so your current checking account balance in Calendar matches what your Checking Acct register shows..

• Thanks to both of you. I think you found my problem!
This discussion has been closed.