Does anybody know if Quicken knows about this issue so they can fix it?

Does anybody know if Quicken knows about this issue and if they plan to fix it?
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20056814#Comment_20056814
It is REALLY annoying!

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    @shidden - Is it annoying because it the employer match shows up as $0 category transactions in reports?  If so, you might want to go to the Advanced tab in report customization and for Transfers select "Exclude All" or "Exclude Internal".   Then it will no longer show up in reports.  It's not a fix but it's a workable solution.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is annoying because it is a bunch of mostly blank lines in the 401(k) register that don't need to be there and were not there until early 2019 as @GeoDosch posted.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @shidden - Ah. So you want a product improvement to be implemented.  I suggest you post your idea at Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows where other users can vote for it.  Quicken reviews ideas posted there and the more users who vote for a change/improvement the more likely it is that they will place it into their product development plans.  They will eventually note the status of the idea (under consideration, planned, not planned, etc.).
    It's been a few years since I had paychecks but when I did and used the Paycheck Wizard I selected the Net Amount option instead of the Gross Amount option.  Then I'd enter the net pay for the transaction total and set up split categories for the gross pay and all the various deductions and taxes withheld.  It worked well for me and it didn't have that annoying $0 employer match transaction in the 401K account.  As long as you use the correct categories for each of the splits your tax reports and Tax Planner will be accurate.  Just something you might want to consider doing.

• shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ok, I guess. I really was just wondering if Quicken knows they broke it from before and whether they were planning to fix it. I added it here-
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877853/remove-blank-line-entry-in-401-k-registry-for-no-employer-match-contribution-from-paycheck-entry#latest
  • Boatnmaniac
    @shidden - Good.  I voted up the posted improvement suggestion.  You should vote it up, too, since it was your post.
    BTW, it's not that Quicken is broken since it doesn't really mess up anything anything regarding financials.  But it is a nuisance and causes confusion and more work for users so it would be a good thing if Quicken modified Paycheck Wizard to stop entering $0 transactions into 401K registers when there is no employer contribution being made.

This discussion has been closed.