Disappearing Matched Transactions

drumsdb
drumsdb Member ✭✭
I downloaded transactions from my bank yesterday (Schwab Bank) and one of the transactions matched a scheduled transaction. It didn't automatically match because the values were slightly off, so I manually matched them. I accepted the difference in the amount and the transaction appeared in the register at the time.

I updated my transactions this morning and now the matched transaction is gone.

I tried again to hopefully re-download the missing transaction, and it doesn't download or reappear in the register. Now, my balance is wrong.

I can manually enter the transaction because I know it's only one, but this is a really annoying problem. I've had it happen before but I thought it was just a fluke. Has anyone else seen this before?

Comments

• drumsdb
    drumsdb Member ✭✭
    Update, I found a 2nd matched transaction from the same day has also disappeared. Quicken "Premier" support told me to "Enter the transactions manually and see if they download the next time you have new transactions."

Really starting to regret signing up for a 2 year subscription. And I have been Quicken user for over 20 years.
  • drumsdb
    drumsdb Member ✭✭
    I had this issue again and paid more attention to what happened.

Yesterday, I downloaded all transactions and one of the transactions was a "matched" transaction that was not an equal match. (In other words, the matched transactions had different amounts).

It appeared correctly in my register yesterday. However, when I downloaded transactions again this morning, the matched transaction disappeared and is no longer found. I had to re-enter manually and reconcile to prevent additional deletions.

This "non exact" match is something I do frequently as my wife's paycheck fluctuates and can very greatly every month. For budgeting and scheduled transactions, we have the minimum expected amount.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @drumsdb

I do not have any regular, planned, scheduled transactions with incorrect amounts set. But ... I do from time to time either fail to update a scheduled credit card payment amount, or else fat finger the entry of the amount of a one-off transaction. The result is a downloaded transaction that corresponds to the existing (scheduled) transaction but does not auto-match.

I am able to match these pairs via the drag and drop method and the transaction sticks with no further attention on my part. I have never seen anything like what you are describing.

I expect that there is more to this story than what you have described so far. I invite you to provide more detail. Possibly with actual values (payee, amounts, etc.) and screenshots. How is the scheduled transaction set up: what schedule. How many splits, to what accounts. Is the account you are downloading a regular checking account, or something else? Are you syncing your Quicken Desktop with Quicken Mobil app, or Quicken Web app?

Whatever might give a more detailed picture of what the situation is.

Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.