Splitting transaction generated a separate transaction in Quicken Desktop

I went to split a transaction on Quicken on the web to a cash account and when I checked for it in Quicken Desktop, I saw a separate transaction to the cash account. This shouldn't happen. Has anyone experienced this?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explain that split transaction further.
    Into what account is the main transaction recorded.
    What categories/accounts are involved in the split portion.
    If you could post a picture of the split transaction (showing the splits) it would be helpful.  You can attach graphics by using the "Paper with a folded corner" or the "landscape" icons, above.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Explain that split transaction further.Into what account is the main transaction recorded.What categories/accounts are involved in the split portion.If you could post a picture of the split transaction (showing the splits) it would be helpful.  You can attach graphics by using the "Paper with a folded corner" or the "landscape" icons, above.

The transaction was recorded in a credit card account. The transaction was split in half, one half goes to the groceries category and the other half goes into a cash account.

I don't see the two icons you are referring to so I can't send a screenshot.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    These icons

And, of course there's a transaction in the Cash account ... are you saying there's 2?
    Any transfer creates a transaction the "target" account ... in this case your Cash acct.

• mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > These icons(Image)
    >
    > And, of course there's a transaction in the Cash account ... are you saying there's 2?Any transfer creates a transaction the "target" account ... in this case your Cash acct.

I should have been clearer. It generated a separate transaction in the credit card account as money going to the cash account instead of keeping it in the split menu and only creating a daughter transaction in the cash account.

The odd thing was it created a parent transaction outside of the split menu in the credit card account.

You know what I’m saying now?

I will try to take a screenshot when it happens again.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your use of "daughter" and "parent" transactions is non-standard.  It isn't Q terminology.
    SO, please get those images up when you can.
    AND, are you saying (by "when it happens again") that the situation corrected itself?

• mrkp89
    mrkp89 Member ✭✭
    Fair enough. I deleted the separate transaction in the credit account. Next time I do a split from Quicken Web and it generates the separate transaction in the credit card account instead of staying in the split screen I will take the screenshot and share
This discussion has been closed.