Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Investments (Windows)

Product Suggestions

Investment Accounts - Please, for the love of God, either let me rearrange investment register columns so the status and clear and blank column are on the far right (and out of sight and not taking up display space) or let me delete or hide them.

Update Account Issues - I download transactions from a bank that for some reason requires me to deactivate and then re-establish online services about every three months. When I do, even though the account is nearly up to date (last update one week ago), it reconnects and downloads all of the old transactions (hundreds of them) and a handful of new ones. Please allow me to delete downloaded transactions in bulk instead of making me click on each one and delete each one individually.

Saved Investment Reports - Allow me to set a default to always include new securities on my previously saved reports. Every time I buy a new stock, my saved reports say I need to configure the report to include new stocks. This is a major pain. Give me a default option to always include new stocks on my saved reports.

Investment Transactions Reports - When "subtotal by security" is selected, it totals the cash but doesn't total the shares. Why not? Subtotal the shares along with the cash on at least the individual security level.

Investment Allocation Reports - Put percentages with the totals so you can readily see that your $XX,XXX in large cap stocks is 36% of your total investment.

Common Account Register Columns - Allow me to finally get a register column layout I like and be able to copy that same register layout to another account of the same type. It's a pain to work on every account separately when you should be able to get a useful layout and be able to use it on other accounts.

If any of these are already available, I haven't found them in any instructions. Feel free to send me or post a link for how to accomplish any of the above.

All I can remember at the moment...
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TBarnes ,

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.12 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20221.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8
    TBarnes said:

Common Account Register Columns - Allow me to finally get a register column layout I like and be able to copy that same register layout to another account of the same type. It's a pain to work on every account separately when you should be able to get a useful layout and be able to use it on other accounts.

We already have a version of this feature: open the register you want to use as the template, press Ctrl + Shift + N, select Register columns..., the gear icon for more options at the bottom, ...

For example:

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBarnes said:
    Please allow me to delete downloaded transactions in bulk instead of making me click on each one and delete each one individually.
    Update to the latest release and this wish is granted.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • TBarnesTBarnes Member
    Creator - I appreciate the information. I am trying to attach a png of what I believe could be improved. If it makes it you can see what I am talking about on that report.

Sherlock - Thanks. Did not know it was available.

Rocket - Thanks. Again, didn't know it was available.