Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Scotiabank One Step Update - CC-505 Error

Scotiabank just went live with a new login screen and automatic update is no longer working. Does this need to be fixed on the Quicken side or do I need to do something to make it work again?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Moderator, Employee mod
    Hello @NoFourPutts,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. Let's see if we can help you get this resolved.

First, please review each step in this article to see if you can clear the CC-505 error.

If need be, you are also welcome to contact support directly for help with this.
  • janenebgjanenebg Member
    I also have the same issue. This just started after Scotiabank changed their online portal. Resetting accounts don't work, deactivating and resetting up again gives you an error. "sorry. We encountered a problem. (its not your fault).
  • jlboyesjlboyes Member
    I am having the same issue
  • Deke_271Deke_271 Member ✭✭
    They changed their sign on page, said it was a new look...well it is also a new day wherein my Quicken update will not work. It works fine on my RBC accounts. Not Scotia. THis is Canadian Quicken cash starter.
    Allow me to add here, I have heard from Scotiabank now have a look!!!!!

"We apologize for the inconvenience, at the moment we do not have any update
    where you can allow external software to have access to your online banking
    profile.
    I will forward your message to the department in charge so they can take your
    issue into consideration."

DOES this not boggle the mind? Been downloading for 15 years and now this ???

Seriously.
  • ThegateThegate Member
    Same issue
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    • It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Yes I have the same issue. OMG
    I have tried to contact support but when you press on the talk to support button on the link you suggested it goes nowhere? there is no chat option?
  • psjacobpsjacob Member ✭✭
    Yes, same problem here. It started last Friday Jul/03.

I called the Quicken support - they said it was any service on Scotiabank end.

The Scotiabank call center said everything is normal there, and they do not recommend the use of a software such as Quicken.

So confusing!!!!
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What error code/messages are you getting?
    I take that this is Express Web Connect, right?

Note it isn't unusual for the financial institution to respond that they know nothing about Quicken connecting, at least not until you get the right people.

But what really needs to happen is to get Quicken support to escalate the problem.
    Express Web Connect works by Quicken talking to Intuit servers that log in as you to download transactions from your financial institution.  Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service.  And it is Intuit that has the "agreement" with the financial institution of exactly how that is suppose to be done.  When such a problem comes up Intuit and/or the financial institution have to make changes to fix it.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • psjacobpsjacob Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Chris_QPW
    Yes, it was escalated with Quicken. I sent the several log files for them to analyze.
    Hope they find a solution.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    janenebg said:
    I have tried to contact support but when you press on the talk to support button on the link you suggested it goes nowhere? there is no chat option?
    To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
  • Joe1234Joe1234 Member ✭✭
    edited July 10
    There is a workaround to this issue until it is corrected. Scotiabank accounts can be updated but it is clumsy. It is the older Web Connect method. Deactivate your account from Express Web Connect. Then, login to Scotiabank's website then download the accounts individually by clicking the download button on account's web page. During the first attempt you will need to re-link the download file to the Quicken account and some transactions may be duplicated.
    I think it is worth noting the "song sheet" from which the bank is singing.
    Here are two examples, one from this conversation herein...
    From a Quicken User:

“The Scotiabank call center said everything is normal there, and they do not recommend the use of a software such as Quicken.”

To me from Scotiabank:

We apologize for the inconvenience, at the moment we do not have any update
    where you can allow external software to have access to your online banking
    profile.”
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited August 17 Accepted Answer
    RESOLVED

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report his issue.

Scotiabank is currently blocking connections while they make changes.

We are working with them to resolve the issue as soon as possible but we cannot provide an ETA at this time until Scotiabank completes their updates.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

RESOLVED

-Quicken Tyka
  • oxcartoxcart Member
    I am having problems getting updates from Bank of Nova Scotia. I get CC-505 error messages. I think BNS may have updated there security
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @oxcart,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please, review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-505.

As stated in the article, if the issue persists after a few days and you have already tried the steps provided, then you will need to reach out to Quicken Support via chat or phone for further assistance. The error may require our support agents to collect and review your log files which may result in having the error escalated.
    -Quicken Anja
  • mike14mike14 Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue. It seems ironic that the call centre says "they do not recommend the use of a software such as Quicken"... yet they still make the downloads available in their website if you're prepared to use the old clunky Web Connect method.

Come on Scotiabank! All the other big chartered banks in Canada (including your subsidiary "Tangerine") work with Quicken through Direct Connect.
  • Cohen AdairCohen Adair Member ✭✭
    For anyone using Quicken for Mac that stumbles upon this issue -- As expected, it happens for Quicken for Mac as well.
  • rsevenhuysenrsevenhuysen Member ✭✭
    And affecting Quickbooks downloads from ScotiaBank too apparently.
  • BathtubBathtub Member
    I think it has to do with Scotiabank Canada adding a security question to the sign in protocol. Does Quicken have the capability to answer 1 of 3 security questions?
    I think not.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bathtub said:
    I think it has to do with Scotiabank Canada adding a security question to the sign in protocol. Does Quicken have the capability to answer 1 of 3 security questions?
    I think not.

It certainly makes it harder to get to work right, but yes, Quicken can respond to such questions.  That that also implies, that the financial institution, Intuit, and Quicken Inc have all got their parts correctly working together, which can take some time to work out.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Cohen AdairCohen Adair Member ✭✭
    I know this is a Windows post, but Quicken for Mac updated today and is able to connect to all my Scotiabank accounts. From what I gather, this is a backend issue, so I'm not sure the update had anything to do with it. Regardless, everything is working for me now.
    Can someone from Quicken confirm that this issue has indeed been fixed?
  • NoFourPuttsNoFourPutts Member ✭✭
    Seems to be fixed in the Quicken for Windows client. No update needed.

Yay!
  • seanmccaffertyseanmccafferty Member ✭✭
    Doesn't look like it's fixed yet -- tried to download from Scotia -- Quicken Windows r25.24 build 27.1.25.24

Quicken -- please confirm the status of the problem with Scotia transaction download / one step update

Thanks.
    It is fixed for me. I deactivated all my accounts and setup One-Step Update again from scratch.
  • seanmccaffertyseanmccafferty Member ✭✭
    Had to remove the account and re-added it for the signon to scotia to work. You have to go through the process of responding to the 3 (may be different for some people) challenge questions
  • rsevenhuysenrsevenhuysen Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me.
This discussion has been closed.