Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

I can not scan an attachment to a transaction like I have for years.

Scanner works with other software.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken JulioQuicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @MahwahJim,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

What version/release of Quicken are you using? This information can be found by going to Help > About Quicken.

What happens when you select More Actions... > Attachments... > Add > Add from scanner... ? Is there a scanner source available?

Do you receive any type of error?

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    JV
  • MahwahJimMahwahJim Member
    Thanks Quicken Julio for your help. Sorry for the delay in response.
    Version R27.28, Build 27.1.27.28

I selected More Actions... > Attachments... > Add > Add from scanner...
    A window open up and there are no scanners listed. This window used to open and I would select my scanner.

There is no scanner shown.

There are no errors shown, just a blank window where the scnners should appear.
  • jrich75jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same build and am still able to scan from my HP printer.  I use the paperclip in the transaction within the register.  Is it possible something changed in windows regarding your defaults?  The list of scanners I get in Quicken is the same as I get in other programs.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Premier Subscription thru 2020
    By the way, if my printer is not on and connected to the router (it's wifi) then it doesn't show up as a scanner and my scan device window is empty as well.
    Quicken user since 1995
    I am able to scan documents using Adobe Acrobat on the same computer utilizing the wireless connection.
    From the Control Panel the scanner is shown under devices. I did a scanner status test and it was successful. Its IP address was shown.
    I use the paperclip in the transaction within the register also and I have always gotten a list of available scanners. I don't know how this list is generated so I don't know how to fix it. Something might have changed settings when using a "cleanup" program. Don't remember if I used anything recently but I was looking for a way to restore the scanner listing.
    edited July 10
    Sorry, short of the standard re-boot, re-install or similar suggestions, that's all I got.
    I don't know why Quicken would not see the same connected devices as other windows programs.  
    Hopefully @Quicken Julio or Quicken Support can provide some suggestions.
    Quicken user since 1995
    jrfaris - Thanks for trying to solve this. I do appreciate it. Maybe a reinstall will work.