Track Multiple Deposits to a Single Transaction

Comments

• joel cohen
    joel cohen Member ✭✭
    The way that is being described is very very labor involved..... I want to keep track of each of individual check is coming from.... maybe a column that the individual sub deposit could be added(split)... one deposit total for the deposit slip... when you download your banks statement you have one deposit total...
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way that is being described is very very labor involved..... I want to keep track of each of individual check is coming from.... maybe a column that the individual sub deposit could be added(split)... one deposit total for the deposit slip... when you download your banks statement you have one deposit total...

I'm guessing you are referring to using a "undeposited receipts" or an asset account, but I don't see how that is "very very labor involved".
    You have to enter the transactions somewhere, why not the intermediary account.  That allows for all the pertinent information to be entered against the correct source.
    Then, you enter a transaction in the intermediary account to make the deposit from that account to the checking account as a transfer.  It is the same amount of typing, Quicken generates the transaction in the checking account since you made it as a transfer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rich_M
    Rich_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Keeping track of all the details for each deposited check is a labor intensive process no matter how you do it.

Splasher has proposed a very straight forward solution to solve your problem, give it a shot.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
     I want to keep track of each of individual check is coming from.... maybe a column that the individual sub deposit could be added(split)... one deposit total for the deposit slip... when you download your banks statement you have one deposit total...

What you are describing is a split transaction, which is of course possible to use for exactly this purpose.

But by this statement I get the feeling that you think Quicken should be able to do this for you automatically.  Well it can't.

The "protocol" that the financial institution sends transactions in to Quicken doesn't have have a "split".  So even though you have deposited multiple checks all Quicken is getting is one deposit transaction for the full amount.

If you want the details you are going to have to supply them one way or another whether that be in a split transaction or a second account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.