Lose the link between my checking account and the Asset account that I transfer it to.

Options
This has occurred 2 times since 1/24/2018. I posted the problem in April 2020 and it was suggested that syncing the checking register with a data set in the Quicken Cloud may breaking the transfer transaction. I found the identical error today with the same accounts. To summarize the issue: I write a check and and list the category which is the Asset account. Initially this links the transfer OK. This asset account is now inactive, but I did not delete it. I did hide it in the Account list. Not sure when this occurred but each time I discovered it was when I was doing a balance sheet report and it showed that account as having a balance. In the checks that paid off that account it gave a message as unknown account. I did not make any changes to the checks and there were only 2 going into this account.

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Roger McCartney',

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Roger McCartney
    Roger McCartney Member ✭✭
    Options
    Year: 2020
    Version: R27.28
    Build: 27.1.27.28
    I just found another account that lost the link Between my checking and my loan account. One thing in common was that the loan was paid off so the loan account was hidden, not deleted, just hidden. Could this be a problem?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Roger McCartney,

Thank you for providing this additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Do you use the Quicken Mobile or Web applications, by chance? If not, you may consider turning the Mobile Sync off to determine if doing so will resolve this behavior moving forward.

I personally have experienced an intermittent issue of this nature when using Transfers in Quicken and then syncing to the Mobile App, so it's definitely worth a try! :smile:

If that does not work for you, or if the issue persists, you may also consider unhiding the account(s) from the Account List for a few days, just to see if doing so makes any impact. However, I don't believe that to be the culprit in this situation.

Please let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes! 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @Roger McCartney you might find this post on the Quicken usenet group helpful in solving your issue;

[link removed]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.