Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

I am done with Quicken Cloud

Over the past several weeks I have noticed some of my Quicken accounts in the Windows version have had duplicate and missing transactions. I know this because I maintain a 2nd file with Quicken for Mac as well as the venerable Quicken 2007—always have. This past weekend I found two duplicate deposits from May 2018, one had the correct split entries and the other one didn't. I deleted the latter and the balances matched. Today it showed up again. Same duplicate transactions. I deduced that it picked it up from the Cloud. So I tried to reset my Cloud data. After about 40 minutes Quicken just froze and I had to force exit the application. I have since turned off Cloud sync. Completely untrustworthy for me.

Several weeks ago, while reconciling an account in the Windows file, I noticed the balances were way off. I then found several duplicate transactions going back 5-6 years! I tried to Validate and Repair the file and, lo and behold, it completely deleted the first 10-15 transactions in my checking account. Seriously!!!??? I trashed the file and opened a backup with the hope that would help matters. But now I'm not sure.

I am very close to trashing Quicken Windows altogether here.

Comments

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I hate say it, but I don't think you will find any "SuperUser/long time user posting on here" that work recommend Quicken cloud syncing for anything other than testing purposes.  It just has too much risk.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • J D ThomasJ D Thomas Member ✭✭
    I now tend to agree with that view.
This discussion has been closed.