"Never auto-categorize" stopped working in v27.28

I have a handful of payees set to never auto-categorize in my memorized payee list. Since my copy of Quicken patched to v27.28 this week, every time one of those payees has a transaction download, the transactions get suggested categories and my memorized payee record is overwritten with any categorizations it suggested, as if it is the first time the payee has appeared. I deleted all but one record for affected payees, cleared the category, checked the never auto-categorize and lock boxes for the record. Next download, it was overwritten again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I reported this to support but they said that my file was probably damaged, but I suspect this was a bug introduced in the latest patch.

Answers

• Hello @ MassMediocrity 

Thank you for bringing this issue to the Community, though I’m sorry you’ve not yet received a response. I am curious, even though the download process did not stay in compliance with the selections in the Memorized Payee List to NEVER AUTO-CATEGORIZE, following the download, did you notice that the NEVER AUTO-CATEGORIZE option was still checked?

For this situation I will suggest running a Validate and Repair: FILE > FILE OPERATIONS > VALIDATE AND REPAIR. If you notice that this did not resolve the issue, restore a backup of a previous file dated before the recent upgrade.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you

-        Quicken Diana

• MassMediocrity
    MassMediocrity Member ✭✭
    Validate and Repair found no issues.

> @"Quicken Diana" said:
    > even though the download process did not stay in compliance with the
    > selections in the Memorized Payee List to NEVER AUTO-CATEGORIZE, following the
    > download, did you notice that the NEVER AUTO-CATEGORIZE option was still
    > checked?

No, that is what I was referring to when I mentioned that the records are "overwritten". Bot the NEVER AUTO-CATEGORIZE and LOCK options become unchecked for the memorized payee list entry. This appears to be the underlying problem and is where I suspect there is a bug. Those options are being updated where they should not be.
  • MassMediocrity
    MassMediocrity Member ✭✭
    I did find some additional information on this issue. It is not a download is causing the options to become unchecked, rather it is a cloud sync action (my one-step update includes a cloud sync). I noticed that when I did a cloud sync on it's own, some of my memorized payees had their settings change, but it appears to be limited to the check boxes.

I tested this by modifying a payee record's amount and memo fields and checking the lock and never auto-categorize options. When I synced, the boxes became unchecked, but my amount and memo changes persisted.
This discussion has been closed.