Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Duplicate downloaded entries after R27.24 Build 27.1.27.24

2»

Answers

• Hello all, I know exactly what's happening. When I update accounts, it downloads "pending" transactions - both deposit and debits. The following day, it downloads the transactions that were showing as pending the day before as cleared, ultimately creating duplicate items. In previous versions, it would download only cleared transactions. After 90 minutes chatting online, the rep didn't have a clue it was a problem. He didn't understand what the problem I was having was. I haven't been able to have a clean reconcile in any of my accounts in several weeks. Being as my husband travels for work, he has pending holds for rental cars and hotels. It's been a nightmare. I haven't been happy with Quicken 2020 anyway. It's cumbersome, slow and I hate the fact that I have to connect thru Quicken to download transactions. It totally slows the process. Wish there was a better way....
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all, I know exactly what's happening. When I update accounts, it downloads "pending" transactions - both deposit and debits. The following day, it downloads the transactions that were showing as pending the day before as cleared, ultimately creating duplicate items. In previous versions, it would download only cleared transactions. After 90 minutes chatting online, the rep didn't have a clue it was a problem. He didn't understand what the problem I was having was. I haven't been able to have a clean reconcile in any of my accounts in several weeks. Being as my husband travels for work, he has pending holds for rental cars and hotels. It's been a nightmare. I haven't been happy with Quicken 2020 anyway. It's cumbersome, slow and I hate the fact that I have to connect thru Quicken to download transactions. It totally slows the process. Wish there was a better way....
    First off if you are getting pending transactions that is a mistake.  Quicken will not work properly if it gets pending transactions because there isn't any way to "remove" them or match up ones were the unique Id is changing, like must be happening for you to get duplicate ones.

If the account is setup for Direct Connect this problem has to be resolved by the financial institution since they are sending that information.

If the account is setup for Express Web Connect it gets harder to say where the problem is because in that case Quicken talks to an Intuit server which in turn talks to the financial institution's website.  Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Express Web Connect service and Quicken support would have to escalate the problem to the proper group to get that fixed.

And to the statement of using Quicken without connecting downloading transactions.  There is nothing stopping you from doing that.  Just go into the account details -> Online Service tab and deactivate the account for downloading transactions.

And when setting up new accounts instead of selecting a financial institution, select Advance Setup and then there will be a selection for a manual entry account instead of automatic downloading.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • kmagnushkmagnush Member ✭✭
    edited July 17
    Sarah, Just wondering if there was any update as to the status of the development team looking at the duplicated transactions. Any eta? Thanks. @Quicken Sarah
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this behavior to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    > The duplicated transactions appearing has been reported to our Development teams for further investigation and resolution.
    >
    > Once a solution is available, it will be included in a future product release.
    >
    > I hope this information is helpful and thank you again for reporting this issue.
    >
    > Sarah
    >
    > (QWIN-17715)

@Quicken Sarah Any update as to status? Would appreciate some sort of communication. Thanks.
    Duplicate downloaded entries after R27.24 Build 27.1.27.24

For those of you who have Quicken support that covers calling them, could you please call and discuss the problem with them? We have called, but I think that if lots of others call, it might help to progress the issue.
    Any update as to the eta for a resolution?
  • kronstadtkronstadt Member ✭✭
    Anyone else having this problem? I use Schwab, so it may be related to something they are doing... anyway, I download some investment transactions - let's say it has 2 bond purchases. I click accept on the first entry of the downloaded transaction - it gets saved in the register. I click on accept for the SECOND entry - and the first one gets entered AGAIN. (Things jump around a little in the process.) Also, if I accept the first, then hit the cursor down arrow in the register, the empty line gets filled with the same data as the first entry of transaction, immediately above.

I can avoid this by: select the new entry in the register - hit the down arrow - I see the previously empty line now filled with the same data - hit the UP arrow - the 2nd entry for this transaction is blank now - hit the down arrow again - the highlight moves to the next line which STAYS empty - then I can accept the 2nd transaction.

Weird, huh? Any takers? Could be Schwab's download, could be Quicken's got a little bug, could be ... who knows?
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kronstadt, for the time being you must click on the big Accept button at the bottom and not the small one to avoid duplicate transactions.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • hoffmtjhoffmtj Member ✭✭
    Getting the same problem of duplicating investment transactions. I have tried using the large button at the bottom and it also produces duplicates unless I manually move to the next transaction. Works fine if there is only 1 transaction.
  • ChicagoGuyChicagoGuy Member ✭✭
    Same problem this morning though it only happened one (Vanguard IRA) account. Only difference I notice between this and the other updated accounts (Schwab and Vanguard Trust) is other accounts only had one or two transactions downloaded. My Vanguard IRA (w/the problem) had 6 xactions downloaded.
    > I click the Accept button for a xaction
    > Quicken makes the "cash register ring" sound but the Accept button hasn't changed. It's still there
    > Click the xaction's Accept button a second time. Cash register sound again and this time Accept button changes to Accepted
    > I no see each of those xactions are now duplicated in the register
  • vanderrickvanderrick Member ✭✭
    Manual entries from Fidelity are being entered twice. The only security type not being double entered is money market.
  • kenleelinkenleelin Member ✭✭
    I've found what seems to be a bug that causes duplicate share purchases to be added when accepting Downloaded Transactions in an investment account in Windows Subscription. Can you tell me where I should log that? I have screenshots I can share and steps to recreate.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited August 7
    Hello @kenleelin

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

I have gone ahead and moved your post to the ongoing thread where this bug has been acknowledged.

For future reference, you may report problems by navigating to Help > Report a Problem. You may also contact support directly to report any issues. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

You may also search the Community for any alerts or known issues.

https://community.quicken.com/

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • kenleelinkenleelin Member ✭✭
    edited August 1
    Thanks @Quicken_Tyka It sounds like there may have been a couple different issues in this thread. I am getting the same as kronstadt mentions on July 30. I took screenshots in case they help (attached). Steps shown:
    - Click small <Accept> button for TWILIO (Accept Downloaded Share Purchases 1)
    - TWILIO share added correctly (Accept Downloaded Share Purchases 2)
    - Click small <Accept> button for next highlighted transaction, WIX (Accept Downloaded Share Purchases 3)
    - No change to WIX transaction but TWILIO added a second time (Accept Downloaded Share Purchases 4)

If I click a different downloaded transaction and then back to the next transaction (e.g. in this case WIX), it works fine.

I have not tried the other option suggested above of clicking the big <Accept> button at the bottom but will do so.

My Downloaded Transactions are from a QFX file downloaded from Merrill Edge.

Thanks for the help!
  • spatton4766spatton4766 Member
    I am getting the exact same behavior as kenleelin describes, step by step.
    When I accept a transaction, the transaction is entered into the registry and the transaction is marked Accepted and the next transaction is highlighted. But when I hit accept on the next transaction, then previous transaction is entered again into the registry (duplicate), and that second transaction is still waiting to be accepted. Selecting accept the second time on that transaction causes it to be entered into the registry (its first time), and then the transaction is marked Accepted and the third transaction is then highlighted. Accepting this third transaction causes the one above it (the second transaction) to be entered in to the registry (duplicate), and the third is still waiting to be accepted. And so on until the last transaction which is only entered once (because there is no subsequent transaction to accept causing it to reenter.

Seeing this on transactions from Fidelity and Schwab.

Hoping a fix will be coming soon.
  • skmcfaddenskmcfadden Member ✭✭
    edited August 4
    I have this issue with Vanguard. Downloaded Vanguard dividend transactions are duplicated and I have to be mindful to delete them.

Quicken Premier for Windows 27.1.27.42
  • hoffmtjhoffmtj Member ✭✭
    Was directed to this thread since I am having the same issues. I found that if you start at the last transaction and since it is the last one it forces you to manually move up to the next transaction; it does not duplicate the transaction. This is only happening on my investment accounts. I added two screen shots to illustrate the problem. Screen 1 shows the General Mills dividend has been accepted and it has moved to the CVS transaction but the General Mills shows up again to be entered instead of the CVS. In screen 2 I clicked the accept thinking it would input the CVS, but it entered the General Mills again. I didn't notice that it did not show the CVS transaction as being the next one to be entered.
  • pnwoldiepnwoldie Member ✭✭
    Using the large Accept button worked for several weeks, but now that is no longer effective. Quicken is back to putting the same transaction into different accounts with different categories. Now what is the workaround?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @pnwoldie

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that this issue continues to persist for you.

May I ask that you please navigate to the Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running?

Also, is this occurring for banking accounts or investment accounts, or both?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • FredFred Member ✭✭
    On about Thursday 8/27 I experienced multiple errors, most of which were addressed by calling support. However, some of the errors resulted in associate opening ticket 0707434.
    One issue then was new linked transactions (that never actually happened), not created by me, that were linked to a 'unknown account' (or some other title). They were in multiple accounts, but all linked to the 'unknown' account. The 'unknown acct' could only be entered by CTRL-X from the linked account. Once in it, I could delete these invalid transactions in that account and they were gone in the other acccount. There were about 50 of them.

Interesting ... after my lengthy phone call w/support, and his creation of a ticket, that the next morning an update came out for Quicken. One of the reasons given was something like "users not storing their account data in the Cloud have experienced duplicate transactions". That's an understatement ... see below.

Working in my Quicken (Home/Business, Windows, fully updated) this morning, I found many other errors:

Reconciled transactions entered in a checking account, linked to a credit card account, for payment of the CC balance were no longer 'linked'. The transaction showed in the checking account, but CTRL-X yielded "linked to account that no longer exists" (or similar) - even though the link info in category field showed the correct account info. I had to recreate the transaction in the checking account, linked to the CC account, and then delete the faulty transaction, and then change the transactions in both accounts to 'Reconciled'. Probably had to do this 50-75 times for multiple CC accounts. Finding them took time ...

Previously reconciled transactions, in several CC accounts, at various points in the past (although many seemed to be around the 4Q of 2018 or 2019), were 'duplicated'. Transaction appear twice. Had to go thru the account pretty much line by line to find and delete.

Transactions I had entered for future dates were also duplicated. This occurred at least in a BJ's MC CC account and a Synchrony savings account.

Needless to say, these errors messed up account balances big time ... in about 6 accounts. I just finished spending about 8 hours cleaning this mess up. I'd like to bill Quicken for that time.

This is not the Quicken I'm used too, and not the Quicken I want to experience again. If stuff like this continues, I will be migrating to other software.
  • edited September 3
    [Removed-Off-Topic/Rant]