How do I set up automatic downloading of transactions from my bank

Hi All

I'm using Q Delux 2020 for Mac Version 5.17.1 (Build 517.34835.100) on my macOS 10.15.5 and trying to configure automatic downloading of my accounts transactions on a regular scheduled basis.

I cannot find any Q 2020 menu that offers that option. Can anyone help, please?

Blessings

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    With the account selected in the sidebar, click the menu Accounts > Settings. You will see the option to set up transaction download at the top:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • TheTrainRev
    TheTrainRev Member ✭✭
    RickO

[With the account selected in the sidebar, click the menu Accounts > Settings. You will see the option to set up transaction download at the top:]

Thanks for that info. Again, I'm using Quicken DELUX 2020 for Mac Version 5.17.1 (Build 517.34835.100)

That being said, Accounts>Settings does not give the option to set up an REGULARLY SCHEDULED AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD. I understand that "setting up downloading" using the process you recommended allows for that account (and others, additionally) are set up for manual updating (downloading) of all transactions with "set up" accounts.

I'm still confused about how to set up regularly timed scheduled automatic downloads of transactions - not requiring me to even be at my computer.
  • TheTrainRev
    TheTrainRev Member ✭✭
    J_Mike

{QMac does not currently have the option to set up automatic downloading of transactions. Downloads are initiated manually.}

Got it - now that answers my questions

You and RickO both rock!!!!
  • BubbleYum
    BubbleYum Member ✭✭
    The next question is, is this on the roadmap?

Seems like a pretty fundamental feature it should have by now.
  • TheTrainRev
    TheTrainRev Member ✭✭
    [Bubble Yum said:
    The next question is, is this on the roadmap?

Seems like a pretty fundamental feature it should have by now.]

Amen!

Is anyone actually using Q- 2020 for Mac? I can't even find any support docs for Q-2020. What's the best way to connect w Intuit by phone person-to person?

Thanks,All
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Intuit no longer owns Quicken and has not for several years.

Would you like to contact Quicken Support by phone? If so, scroll up to the top of this page, click Help and then scroll down to the blue banner.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • TheTrainRev
    TheTrainRev Member ✭✭
    RickO

[...scroll up to the top of this page, click Help and then scroll down to the blue banner. ]

I tried that many times, but to no avail - nothing happens. Go figure!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @TheTrainRev the support button causes a "popup window".  You need to set your browser to allow that.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TheTrainRev
    TheTrainRev Member ✭✭
    Chris_QPW

YES, YES, YES!

That was the answer, Chris. Contacting them now .....

I report back on this issue in my initial question to the Community.

Blessings, once more ....
  • TheTrainRev
    TheTrainRev Member ✭✭
    According to Erick (Chat agent for Quicken), NO VERSION of Quicken has had the option to set an automatic schedule for updating transactions from a bank, etc. since 2016 ............ well, that settles that!

I learned a lot through this forum and just want to thank all of you for your "tech support" offered to me.

Lessons learned:
    1. update transactions frequently and adjust payees/catagories upon that updating

2. This community forum offers solid guidance

Thanks to ALL
This discussion has been closed.