Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

How do I use tags in reports with Quicken Starter?

I just purchased Quicken Starter, and set up tags. When I go to the report customization box for "Spending by Category" there is no tab labelled "tags." How do I get that to be part of my reports?

Comments

• q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t believe tags are supported in Starter Edition. Surprised you were able to “set up tags”. 
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well that is interesting.  In the past not supporting tags in the Starter version was one of the limitations.

Recently it has been noted that in register and a there is even a transactions by tag report that is showing up in the Subscription version of Quicken.

But now that I checked on what you pointed out I see that on all the reports (even the one for tags) the tags tab is hidden.

So it is either a bug that tags are now showing in places where they shouldn't be for Starter version.  Or a bug that reports can't be customized by tag because of the lack of the tags tab.

Only Quicken Inc can tell you which is the case.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    @Xander - If you are getting the ability to use Tags in Banking Account register transactions, you will not be able to see a Tags column in the Spending By Category report.  That's because Categories can't be tagged.  Only transactions can be tagged.
    Try pulling up one of the itemized Spending reports:  Itemized Categories, Itemized Payees, Itemized Tags.  These reports will include the transactions details and if your Starter program does now include the Tag feature, Tags will be visible (or can be made visible via report customization) in these reports.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.12 on Windows 10)
    So everyone is on the same page (since most people don't have access to the Starter edition).

Register:

Reports available:

Note no tag tab in the customize dialog:

Spending by Category report:

Older, "easy" interface, note that the tag report isn't here even though it is in the menu above.

For reference, in the Deluxe and above editions:

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Chris_QPW .  I'm one of those who doesn't have access to Starter so pictures are worth a thousand words.  And, yes, it certainly does appear that Quicken needs to address this inconsistency in Starter.
    @Xander - You can check your reports per my last post to confirm what @Chris_QPW shows is what you are seeing.  But it sounds like if you want or need Tags in your reports, you will need to upgrade to Deluxe.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.12 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.