Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Chase Bank Transactions Not Downloading when I update

I am running Q 2020, Win 10. During the past three days my Chase bank transactions are not downloading automatically when I perform an one step update on all my accounts . I have to go into the Chase site and download the transactions into Quicken. Has anyone experienced the same issue ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @jjrichards,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

Are you receiving a specific error code when you attempt to update your Chase accounts?

If you are receiving a CC-505/105, there is currently an ongoing issue that we are working with Chase to resolve. I would suggest visiting and bookmarking this Alert.

If you are receiving a different error code, responding with additional information will give us better insight into the issue and the next steps to take.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,
    JV
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If these are personal accounts, I would suggest switching to Direct Connect which is much more reliable (and not having these problems) and is free for personal accounts ($10 a month for business accounts).

If you log into your Chase account and search for Quicken it will tell you how to allow Quicken (Direct Connect) to access your accounts and then you should be able to go to the account details of each account and ether switch right there to a "better connection type" or if that isn't available.  Deactivate the accounts for downloading, start as if you are adding an account and on the financial institution page select Advance Setup, then put in Chase, and go to the next page and it will allow you to select Direct Connect.  When you get to the page that shows all of your online accounts be sure to link the to the people Quicken account.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Julio:
    Thank you for responding . I am not receiving any error messages . The recap says my transactions have downloaded successfully for my Chase checking and credit cards.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    jjrichards said:  During the past three days my Chase bank transactions are not downloading automatically when I perform an one step update on all my accounts .
    1 - Just to clarify..... what version of Quicken..... Help --> About Quicken
    2- and also, how are each of the Chase accounts setup for downloading -
    ... Tools ---> Account List
    look at the row for each account,
    and the see what is listed in the Transaction Download column -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    I am running Quicken 2020. I am downloading Chase " Direct Connect "

Thank you
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jjrichards ,

Where is the version information?

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

And are you Automatically adding to Banking Registers or not?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21376.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Hi The Creator
    I am running Quicken 2020 Premier for Windows. I did not have the box checked " automatically add to banking registers". This has only occurred last 4-5 days . In the past the red flag came up on my Chase accounts . Other transactions have the flag appear when a new charge is downloaded. There was an update that I downloaded the past week that may have had an impact
  • jjrichards
    jjrichards Member ✭✭
    Francisco:
    Thank you . I did activate / reactivate the account and my transactions downloaded. Prior to the Quicken update I downloaded it was working fine . Strange I had to deactivate / reactivate .
This discussion has been closed.