Transaction appears in two different accounts

I have an Express Cash Account card (debit) with my credit union that I use in lieu of carrying cash with me. I use it for small purchases such as a soft drink etc. It typically has a small amount such as $20 and when it lowers to $5 or so, I transfer money from my checking account to the Express Cash Account card. 

I recently made a credit card purchase in the amount of $20.59 and entered it as a transaction into my Citi Bank credit card account in Quicken which included several other credit transactions. I have received a credit card statement and paid the entire credit card amount in full which was about $325.

In my Express Cash Account register in Quicken the same amount of $20.59 is showing which throws off the actual balance in that account. When I try to delete it I receive the following: "This transaction is a transfer to a split and cannot be deleted here." 

I have no idea what that means since that amount in my credit card account is not a split entry transaction and I have no idea how the $20.59 got into my Express Cash Account in Quicken which has a $28.00 balance but is showing differently in Quicken. I would like to delete it so the correct amount on the card agrees with the credit union amount.
See attached Jpeg.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    go the errant transaction on the Express Cash Account and click on it. Then hit CNTL-X and that should take you back to the original 'split' transaction. did you check the July 31 transaction in your checking account? it should be there.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that your screenshot is for the "Express Cash Account" where the money was transferred "to", not the account it was transferred "from".

If you right click on that transaction and select "Go to matching transfer" I'm sure it will take you to a split transaction in the other account where the amount was transferred from.

This is where you have to change it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW.....Thanks for your reply. I right-clicked on the transaction in the Express Cash Account register and it took me to the credit card register where the amount is listed. This is how it is shown in my credit card register. As you can see, there is no split transaction.

Gifts Given: Birthday      Amazon.com 07-16-20  (Klark)     $19.13
    Gary                                Amazon.com 07-17-20                 $20.59
    Household                       Costco Photo Center 07-20-20    $ 5.47
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    go the errant transaction on the Express Cash Account and click on it. Then hit CNTL-X and that should take you back to the original 'split' transaction. did you check the July 31 transaction in your checking account? it should be there.
    As @Mark Steinman indicated, It looks like it is from your MACU account, since the date is July 31 (2020 I imagine), it is probably in a scheduled payment to CIti Card.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW.....Thanks for your reply. I right-clicked on the transaction in the Express Cash Account register and it took me to the credit card register where the amount is listed. This is how it is shown in my credit card register. As you can see, there is no split transaction.

Gifts Given: Birthday      Amazon.com 07-16-20  (Klark)     $19.13
    Gary                                Amazon.com 07-17-20                 $20.59
    Household                       Costco Photo Center 07-20-20    $ 5.47
    You aren't showing the categories so by looking at this transaction we can't tell if it is a split or not.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh sorry, rereading this.  I take it that in fact this is the split dialog that you are showing.

In that case is Gary a category?

For a transfer I would expect a category like [Other account]
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.