Windows Release 27.1.27.24 Report Customization Errors

2»

Answers

• mcdata
    mcdata Member
    I have similar problems that go back before the June releases. When I create a report and save it the problems arise when I drill down into a category. The column widths make no sense. I have to manually widen all of the columns to read the report. This happens every time I view a report. Since it is saved at the highest level (banking summary) all drill downs need to be reformatted.

I suggest a programming change that automatically expands columns to the width of the longest text in a column. As an example, the date column would be wide enough to see the entire date. The category column would fit the category and the memo column would fit the longest memo.

I'm glad this topic is being discussed.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that a new patch, R 27.42, is now being made available to a limited number of users (and the rest of the users over the next few days.)
    This patch is reported to fix some of the report issues introduced with R 27.24 and 27.28
    If you can't wait for the patch to arrive with the regular update process over the next few days, please download and install the patch file from

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    I noticed that a new patch, R 27.42, is now being made available to a limited number of users (and the rest of the users over the next few days.)
    This patch is reported to fix some of the report issues introduced with R 27.24 and 27.28
    If you can't wait for the patch to arrive with the regular update process over the next few days, please download and install the patch file from

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Well they didn't fix the transaction report in this patch.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rickatie
    rickatie Member ✭✭✭
    Applied mondo patch and verified that the "amount" formatting justification problem has been corrected. Thanks .. good job!
  • hilltop
    hilltop Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, UKR. Would have been nice if Quicken themselves could had informed this community thread of the update. I will download the patch and check things out soon.

In response to @mcdata 's issue, I think we may be talking about the same thing. An earlier post of mine in this thread stated:

--

"5) Similar to #1 and #2 above, the Date column width, as adjusted by the user, is not remembered WHEN THE REPORT IS SUBTOTALED BY CATEGORY. In these instances, the Dates are indented under the column header and there is not enough width to show the full date of the transactions. You have to widen the column to see the Date every time. When the report is refreshed or you come back to the report after viewing another in the History, the column width is reset such that you cannot see the full Date info again. NOTE: THIS PROBLEM IS NOT NEW; IT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS. But if the Dev Team is going to go in and fix similar column issues in the code, they should fix this one too."

--

I am really hoping they corrected this one, too. It has been in the code for years and years. So annoying.
  • Qkenoldie
    Qkenoldie Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem, after installing Release 27.4. Release 27.28 did not fix the problem. I had to print tons of reports and it took me hours because I had to customize and reformat them immediately before printing.
    Please Quicken, show more respect from your customers, fix bugs in a timely manner and in the mean time let us know that there is a problem. You have all your users email.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Qkenoldie said:
    let us know that there is a problem. You have all your users email.
    If there is one thing that would REALLY upset a lot of Quicken users, it would be Quicken Inc sending emails to them (about pretty much anything).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • peter1212m
    peter1212m Member ✭✭
    This problem effects most of my customized reports. It seems like it was reported a month ago. This should be a priority fix ASAP.
  • hilltop
    hilltop Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    @Quicken_Tyka

I am confirming that in Quicken for Windows (subscription) R27.1.27.42, the left justification problem with the Amount column in Reports is now fixed, as is the duplicate Amounts columns. The Clr column also is now centered as it used to be. Thank you.

In customized saved reports, most of the column widths in the report are "remembered." However, neither the Clr column width nor the Date column width are remembered when the user adjusts them for visibility. Upon refresh of the saved report, both columns revert to a default width. This is problematic especially for the Date column when the user has a report subtotaled by Category. In that case, the dates are indented and the Date column needs to be much wider than the default to see the dates. It is very frustrating to have to readjust the Date column width every time you refresh the report. Upon refresh, the Date and Clr columns revert to their default widths. (All other columns remember their widths.) If Quicken could please make both Date and Clr columns remember their adjusted widths, that would be a HUGE fix for us.

Please advise the Community.

Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.