When download transaction from my checking account, Quicken is incorrectly renaming downloaded trans

When I have Quicken download transactions from my Wells Fargo checking account, I've have noticed that if it downloads a transaction that is the same dollar amount of an upcoming scheduled transaction that I have - even though the Payee Name and date are completely different, Quicken is marking the downloaded transaction as that scheduled payment.

i.e say I have an recurring monthly upcoming scheduled transaction called Payee "Chase Credit Card" amount "75.00" date "8/25"
Well if a download a transaction that happens to be the same amount as an upcoming scheduled payment, Quicken is automatically renaming the downloaded transaction to the upcoming scheduled payment and marking it as the scheduled transaction - meaning the scheduled transaction comes out of upcoming and has been marked as paid in this downloaded transaction even though the downloaded Payee's name through Wells Fargo is completely different as well as the date.
So say the real transaction was to Payee " Nordstrom" Amount "75.00" date "8/10", once it gets downloaded into Quicken, Quicken has now marked that downloaded transaction as Payee "Chase Credit Credit" amount "75.00" date "8/10"

How do I fix this?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken matches primarily by date and amount. Hopefully this doesn't happen very often. When it does, right click on the transaction and select Reject Automatic Transaction Match. This will return the scheduled payment to its original state.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickO said:
    Quicken matches primarily by date and amount. Hopefully this doesn't happen very often. When it does, right click on the transaction and select Reject Automatic Transaction Match. This will return the scheduled payment to its original state.

I have repeadedly found that date does not matter either except to possibly act as a filter as I have found many that do not match the date, so I think it is just coincidence if the date happens to match.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    smayer97 said:

I have repeadedly found that date does not matter either except to possibly act as a filter as I have found many that do not match the date, so I think it is just coincidence if the date happens to match.
    I agree. I think the date is only used to exclude matches outside a certain range of dates, although I don't know what that date range is.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • kirsten1283
    kirsten1283 Member
    Thank you RickO! I did not know about the "Reject Automatic Transaction Match" option. I will try that in the future and see if possibly that could also lead to Quicken learning to no longer pulling from these scheduled payments.

smayer97 - I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this! It does seen that the only real commonality is the amount of the transactions, as the dates have been pretty far off. I never had this issue with older versions of Quicken. I hoping it is something that they fix because it has really confused me at times when reviewing my register.
This discussion has been closed.