What happened to Reconcile?

I have been using Quicken for Windows for about 30-years. I have the latest version of Quicken for Windows. I recently added a checking account. When I attempt to reconcile the account, the only window that opens up is for "Update Balance." All of my other checking/savings accounts have the traditional Reconcile feature available.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the Account List (Tools menu) and edit the account.  Look on the General tab to see what type of account Quicken thinks it is, sounds like a Cash Account.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @pcteacher,

It sounds like you may have inadvertently changed your settings to "auto reconcile" using the online balance.

To fix:
    1) Open the account in Quicken;
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right of the screen;
    3) Select "Reconcile"
    4) If it pops-up - click on "Reconcile without downloading" and then click "OK";
    5) On the next screen - Click on "Use online balance";
    6) Uncheck the box for "Auto reconcile downloaded transactions" 

Let me know how that goes and/or get back to me with any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.