Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Scheduled Transactions and Online Bills (Mac)

Need a "Next" Month/Quarter/Year time-frame pick-set to go with "This" & "Last" M/Q/Y (Q Mac)

How do I suggest a "Next" Month/Quarter/Year time-frame pick-sets be added to go with "This" & "Last" M/Q/Y. Would anybody else find this useful? I'm frequently wishing I could see/search in the FUTURE (planned) transactions without having to do a special date selection.
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @Malcom Allen There are a few ways to see future-scheduled transactions, and I would guess that most users have found these sufficient.

You may already know this, but just to review: (1) In each register, when you click Settings in the bottom toolbar, you can specify how to show future transactions, from not at all to the next one to all within the next 30, 90, 180, or 365 days. You have to change this setting register by register. (2) To see all your future transactions in one place, click on the Bills & Income tab of the main blue menu bar. The Bills tab shows all the Payees with schedule transactions in the timeframe you select; the Projected Balances shows all the instances of all scheduled transactions.

I'd guess that most people don't have enough scheduled transactions that they want to use Reports for them, as you're requesting here. While scheduled transactions do look forward, they're typically a very incomplete look at forward income or spending. Nonetheless, I can see why you might want such a report.

Your post has been moved to the Product Ideas-Mac category, so people can vote on it. In the blue box beneath your original post abiove, there is a vote counter; click the little gray arrow under the counter to register your vote for this idea.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team