Auto-match (Q Mac)

mybank2002
mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
What is the reason that Auto-match detects the transfer in another account and asks if it is the matching transaction downloaded and sometimes it doesn't. The date is the same in the other account and the amounts match but I have to drag them on manually and match them quite often. 

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening?

First, is the manual transaction a scheduled transaction or just a manual transaction?

Are the transactions ever more than one week in the past or more than two weeks in the future of the downloaded transaction? As this is a limitation described here.

Do you complete any other transfers that may have similar amounts or for different accounts? 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly during transaction download and acceptance (what I call the Autopilot in Quicken):

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the Autopilot's process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the Autopilot should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

• mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening?

First, is the manual transaction a scheduled transaction or just a manual transaction?

Are the transactions ever more than one week in the past or more than two weeks in the future of the downloaded transaction? As this is a limitation described here.

Do you complete any other transfers that may have similar amounts or for different accounts? 

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    Thank you both for your replies. None of the transactions are ever automated in Quicken just downloaded transfers between bank accounts. They are always within 1 or 2 days of the current date. The date and amount is the same in both accounts with no other transactions sharing the same number that are uncleared. That is what is so boggling about why Quicken figures it 30% to 40% of the time and the rest I have to drag and drop. Not a big deal but thought I might do something that can make this process as fast as possible since I am trying to minimize the time as much as possible. I spend about 30 minutes a day doing this and would like to cut that in half if possible. Thanks for the suggestions to enter them beforehand. Probably slightly faster for me to just drag and drop them on each other but I appreciate the suggestion. 
This discussion has been closed.