Duplicate downloaded transactions

Options
I'm new to Quicken, having used Microsoft Money for 10+ years (and still am due to this problem). If I enter an upcoming transaction into Quicken (say a bill due next week), when I download transactions from the bank, both activities are listed. So the balance is off (2 debits), which happens constantly - checks, ATM, withdrawals.
What am I missing? It was seamless with Money, and although this is supposed to be easier, so far I have not found it that way.

Comments

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All you need to do is drag the downloaded transaction onto the one you entered. Quicken will match them and should "learn" to do this automatically in the future.
  • Judman
    Judman Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, but when I try to do that, it does not change anything. Both transactions remain listed, without any merging.
    Is there a certain keystroke?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Judman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

Matching a transaction is a simple drag and drop, there are no additional keys required. A transaction may only be matched if one of the transactions is a manual transaction and the other transaction is downloaded.

The above transactions may be matched as one is a manual entry. If two transactions are downloaded transactions, these may not be matched.

Is it possible that the two transactions that you are trying to match are both downloaded?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.