Quicken Recalculating Loan Monthly Payment After One Step Update

Options
I'm using Release 27.42. I'm tracking a loan manually in the system. Just a generic fixed rate loan, not auto loan or mortgage. When I create the loan, enter the interest rate and term, it says my monthly payment will be $275. The interest and principal amount match between Quicken and Excel, so everything is right. Then I do a One Step Update, and Quicken now changes the monthly payment to $279.49.

I've tracked many manual loans for years in Quicken and Quicken has never just recalculated the payment like this. I have another manual loan which was created a few months ago and it does not randomly reset.

What have I done?
* Created account, one step update, payment calculation changed.
* Created new account, ran "Validate and Repair", one step update, payment calculation changed.
* Restarted, ran "Validate and Repair", created new account, one step update, payment calculation changed.
* Tried creating account with just some random other interest rate, one step update, payment calculation changed.

To be clear, this isn't a problem that the bank and Quicken are off by a few pennies on interest, that I understand and have reconciled for years without an issue. This is entirely recalculating the monthly payment by almost 5 dollars.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Trudii

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask if you review the loan details after the sync has processed are you able to see any noticeable changes that could be causing the discrepancy in the loan?

Also, if you navigate to the "Mobile & Web" Tab and view the section that lists the accounts enabled on Mobile and Web, is this account listed?

If so, please restore a backup from prior to this change. Then remove this account from the syncing to mobile. This can be accessed from the "Mobile & Web" tab and selecting the gear in the accounts enabled on the Mobile and Web section.

Once this has been completed are you able to sync successfully without the loan changing?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Trudii
    Trudii Member
    Options
    The only change I see after creating the loan and doing the one step update is that there is a balloon payment added to the terms that was not there originally. I cannot change the balloon payment by editing terms.

I do not have "Mobile and Web" enabled. This is a manual account so it wouldn't be setup for one step update which is what makes this so frustrating.

It isn't reasonable to expect me to restore from backup when there is no way of knowing which update introduced this bug.
This discussion has been closed.