BB&T Mortgage

I have my BB&T Mortgage "connected" via "Quicken Connect". I had some troubles with my password and security questions that I got cleared up but I am still getting an error when I try to download. I've tried to update the password but it still has problems. The next step I'll try (perhaps) is to remove the connection and add it back in but that is actually a secondary question.

My real question is about the escrow account. Obviously it is with the same institution. Is it possible to "connect" it as well? The problem I see is it isn't (I assume) going to have a separate account number.

The truth is, that connecting these two accounts are just sorta "cute" since its not that hard to made all of the adjustments once a year before doing taxes but if I can get this working, it would be nice.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Perry Smith,

That error code typically means that there is an issue with the bank server. Likely, when you deactivated and then tried to add the account back, Quicken did not receive a response from the Financial Institution's server.

I would suggest that you try again. However, if the issue continues to happen, please contact Quicken Support for assistance via this LINK.

Let me know how it goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Perry Smith,

You raise a good question about whether you can "connect" a mortgage escrow account in Quicken.  While I cannot swear to it, I believe that it likely is not possible. 

I know I have never seen this question before and I suspect that - as you mentioned - because the escrow is intrinsically linked to the mortgage account, and the escrow data is not included as part of that data download, that it is not something that Quicken can download.

But I can't say with certain that this cannot be done, so lets see if any others have had success with doing this.

BTW - I agree that handling the escrow with manual entries is not difficult..

Take care.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Perry Smith
    Perry Smith Member ✭✭✭
    I tried disconnecting and then reconnecting but I still get this error:

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Perry Smith,

That error code typically means that there is an issue with the bank server. Likely, when you deactivated and then tried to add the account back, Quicken did not receive a response from the Financial Institution's server.

I would suggest that you try again. However, if the issue continues to happen, please contact Quicken Support for assistance via this LINK.

Let me know how it goes.

Frankx

• Shelly D
    Shelly D Member ✭✭
    Recently I had BB&T mortgage/loan set up just fine and connecting via express web connect. Had some technical issues so I tried deactivating and re-establishing as new account as was suggested. Now Quicken goes thru process as setting up, asks for sign-in, security questions etc. and eventually get message that program cannot connect to BB&T (no specific error messages other than: Try again later or enter transactions manually or download from bank website). Contacted BB&T and they said help is only with their online services and could not help with Quicken. Kinda weird as BB&T promotes Quicken.
  • indycar56
    indycar56 Member
    Having the same issue on my BB&T Mortgage/Loan accounts. Other on-line accounts work fine. This started about 2 weeks ago. Previously all was working fine. No changes done on my side. Message indicates Sync error with Quicken servers. Have disconnected accounts and reconnected with no luck....
  • MarkR
    MarkR Member
    I am also receiving the Sync error message AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR ccclient.203 message for my BB&T accounts. My accounts with other institutions work fine. My last successful download was about 3 weeks ago.
  • Mike B
    Mike B Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I've been getting this for a month. I've called numerous times without resolution. What the hell are they doing to fix it? Quicken has gone to hell in a hand basket.
    As for the answer on here about it being with the bank's server, I contacted BB&T and they pointed out that if it was their server, I wouldn't be asked security questions by the bank's server.
    There is an open ticket on this per Quicken's representative but no ETC is given. Seems like nobody really cares. Quicken used to be much better before they grew so big and when they had more competition in the market.
  • deputypda
    deputypda Member
    I have been trying to connect my BB&T accounts since the 7 of July.
  • galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭✭
    Getting same error when I try to connect to BB&T.

> @Perry Smith said:
    > I tried disconnecting and then reconnecting but I still get this error:
    >
    > AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203)
    >
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that you are having the "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR"  problem.  If you haven't already,you may want to follow the guidance located at this link:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-103-or-101 

Let us know how this goes.

Frankx

• galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Frank, I just completed these steps and still got same error. Quicken did prompt for my appropriate security question from BB&T - so some communication was made with BB&T.

> @Frankx said:
    > Sorry to hear that you are having the "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR"  problem.  If you haven't already,you may want to follow the guidance located at this link:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-103-or-101 
    >
    > Let us know how this goes.
    >
    > Frankx
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though written with Quicken for Windows in mind, this will also apply to Quicken Mac ...

For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here)

An online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

• Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
      you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not a Category.

Since you're attempting to set up a loan account, create a "manual" loan account that is not connected to the bank for downloading. When you start the Add Account process select the account type and on the next screen click the "manual loan account" text link at the bottom of the screen. Perform the loan setup as of the next payment due and set up to use a Scheduled Reminder for the monthly payment from your Checking account. It will correctly transfer the amount of principal (and optional additional principal) from Checking to your loan account register in Quicken.

Does the monthly payment include "Escrow Withholdings" (taxes, insurance withheld and paid for by the mortgage company)?
    If so, before you begin to set up the loan, set up an "Escrow" account (as Asset type account), so that the Scheduled Reminder can include the escrow amount as transfer to the Escrow account register.

Now all you have to worry about is to make the monthly payment on time. I recommend authorizing the mortgage company to withdraw payment plus escrow automatically from your checking account every month, on the Due Date.

• MarkR
    MarkR Member
    I just installed the latest Quicken Mac updates and I am able to download the BB&T accounts with Quicken Connect. I am no longer receiving the AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203) message now.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MarkR

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you haven't done so already, please contact support directly for a review of the log files and a possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please let us know how it goes with support!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.