Unable to send payment to US BANK for my Frys foods Credit card.

I get this message whenever I try and make a bill payment thru my Quicken Mac. It's only on this payee. i've even gone to chase bank and paid it online so when it downloads to my mac, I schedule it.. the next time I try and send a payment, I get this message again.

Your payment to US BANK could not be completed.

Additional information:
The specified postal code is incorrect or unknown.

I've tried 5 digit zip code, I've tried 9 digit zipcode with and without the "-". They payee sets up just fine. just can't make any payments.

I've been fighting this for months! This is not part of the chase/quicken issue for July 28th.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hello @Matthew Caswell

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to better help me understand what could be happening

To confirm, are you using the postal code associated with US Bank? If so, does the postal code match the US Bank address that is being used?

Also, how does this bill end up getting paid by the bank via check, EFT, ACH?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Matthew Caswell
    Matthew Caswell Member ✭✭
    Well I just noticed that I had St. Louis in the payee slot for the city and the ones that are put thru directly on Chase say Saint Louis. All the other info is the same. If they ever get the bill pay issue fixed with chase, I'll check and see if thats whats causing it to get this error. I've been beating this issue for over 6 months now.
  • Why does it want to take a week when I add it to payees in Quicken when it actually only takes 2 business days. The payee is setup at Chase. Doesn't it pull that info when it sets up in quicken.. I thought the 2007 version did that.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Caswell

Thank you for the response, although I am unsure what you are asking, I do apologize.

By taking a week to add a payee, do you mean to add a new payee into Quicken or do you mean to pay a bill?

Is this related to you the issues with your previous payee or this is a new problem?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Same issue. I deleted the payee in quicken, but it still exists in my Chase acct of payee's. When I go to add the payee back in quicken with all the same info that Chase shows for a 2 day digital delivery, quicken wants to take 7 days to send the payment. Why does it want 7 days when it's only 2 days for digital delivery.
    I have attached a screenshot of the payee screen (without the card number). It has the same settings as my other credit cards but maybe I have something configured wrong. The bank shows St. Louis but I wondered if Quicken was causing an issue by using that so I changed it to Saint Louis.. but when I go to add it, quicken should realize that it's a 2 day digital delivery.
    The issue may be on this end, but all the other ones I've setup work fine. Even if I try and schedule the one that I paid online at Chase and then it downloaded to my register, It wants 7 days.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Caswell

Thank you for providing more details and a screenshot.

The lead time to make a payment is controlled by the bill pay provider so in this case Chase.

In general, with most financial institutions newly added payees will have a longer lead time and over time the lead time may take less time.

That would be why you are seeing two different times for the same payee.

As far as I know, there are no additional settings or options to change the lead time that is offered when scheduling payments.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • So what you're saying is go ahead and add it, and then it should be updated by Chase when they tell quicken.. HEY THIS iS A 2 DAY DIGITAL DELIVERY. Is that right?
  • Sometime after its added
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Caswell

Thank you for the response, to clarify, if you have entered a new payment to be paid and the to payment date is a week out-- It will take a week to process this payment. This payment will not change and process faster than the date listed on the payment.

Over time,  the financial institution may eventually decrease the lead time required to make a payment to this payee in the future.

I hope this clarifies.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • No it doesn't clarify.. AS I"VE SAID.. chase has a 2 day digital delivery but QUicken isn't recognizing it. Chase already knows it's 2 days. Why doesn't Quicken? Does quicken talk to chase and ask "how long to make this payment?" if so, why isn't it picking it up? This is so frustrating. Everything worked in quicken mac 2007!!!!!!!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew Caswell

I apologize that I have been unable to clarify how the new subscription version of Quicken works in regards to scheduling a payment.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to better assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.