Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Need ability to pay fixed or repeating payments on Quicken Bill Manager

Glad they finally setup a way to pay bills on specific dates other than immediately but we still need the ability to set up and pay fixed or repeating payments in Quicken Bill Manager
4 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Recurring Payments are currently not available but we are working to provide this option.

Comments

• KiltedAPOIKiltedAPOI Member ✭✭
    I have discovered that I cannot convert a "placeholder" transaction to a payment transaction in my register. If I cannot schedule a repeating payment and I cannot edit a reminder transaction, that is a significant loss of functionality that I use often.
  • Mark VictorMark Victor Member ✭✭
    The entire Bill Manager feature is way over designed. I wish I could just manage when and what I pay like the old BillPay. Date, amount done. As many times in the future as I want. That actually seems like the base, simple approach. Why go to the extra work of adding an arbitrary constraint that only one payment can be scheduled at a time.
  • John EllisJohn Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    Another feature that I relied on for decades that's been removed. :-<
  • Scott AlcaideScott Alcaide Member ✭✭
    Quicken Bill Manager needs to have at least the same functions as Quicken Bill Pay and until it does Quicken Bill Pay should not end on August 31, 2020. For me, primarily, its repeating payments. I cannot believe I will have to go back to manually making every repeating payment I have.

Make no mistake about it, Quicken Bill Manager is a serious step backward, and no matter how much you talk about this being fixed in the future (you have had months and months already) - canceling the current system that works BEFORE you get the new Bill Manager working is ridiculous.
  • Scott AlcaideScott Alcaide Member ✭✭
    Even worse, Bill Manager has major bugs. I have Check Pay payments that were created by copying a previous Check Pay transaction. My register shows them as all being check number 0, with an estimated delivery date of 6/22, a payment date of 7/28, and an initiated date of 6/17. I did the copy and paste transaction in late July. I have no idea if these payments went out; there is no way to verify a payment was sent; Support cannot tell if they were actually sent; if they were sent, then they were sent in error - I only wanted the transaction copied without the Check Pay part occurring because I wrote manual checks by hand; and I cannot stop pay them without a check number.
  • Bill manager lacks -
    Scheduling payments on a future date certain, and
    Repeating payments
    Both of these were essential features to Bill Pay. This is an enormous and intolerable regression.
  • mqelliottmqelliott Member
    I am in the process of weaning myself off of Quicken Bill Pay be the end of August here when Quicken Bill Pay is discontinued. I have made the transition with the exception of my recurring/repeating online payments. I have assumed this feature was already built into Quicken Bill Manager only to find out this morning that it is not yet available. I am seriously surprised and shocked you have not yet incorporated this into Quicken Bill Manager before you are shutting down Quicken Bill Pay. And, from reading this post, I can see you have many others who are at least as upset as I am. But, I'm glad to hear that you have this "in the works" and just hope we won't have to wait long for this valuable feature.
  • Sean SebastianSean Sebastian Member ✭✭
    Agree with all of the above, plus I'm capped at 3 check pays per month? After having unlimited online payment capacity for years? So I'm supposed to go back to manually writing checks and stamping envelopes for my dozens of payees every month? Incredible.
  • OFranklyOFrankly Member ✭✭
    edited August 17
    (Removed-Rant)
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to provide us with your feedback.

Recurring Payments are currently not available. We know this is a big concern to users, and we're working on this feature so we can get this to you as quickly as possible. However, there is no ETA available at this time, I do apologize. 

This thread is being closed as this has been acknowledged and this feature is in the works and this thread is becoming argumentative and is no longer constructive.

Any updates or changes will be provided here on this thread, so please be sure to bookmark the conversation using the gold star at the top.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • jmurrdogjmurrdog Member
    Need ability to schedule repeating payments in Bill Manager!! This is so basic. Why did Quicken roll out a new product that wasn't ready??
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 18
    Hello @jmurrdog,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your request for Quicken.

I have gone ahead and merged your Idea post with an ongoing Idea for this same request.

Please note that this Idea is marked as "Planned", meaning this ability will be implemented into a future release of Quicken.

I'd also suggest bookmarking this post by clicking the yellow star in the upper right corner so that you can be automatically notified of any updates/changes as they're posted.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.