Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Using Bill Manager to direct deposit?

Is it possible to use Bill Manager to send an amount of money directly from my bank to someone's personal account at another bank? Instead of sending them a paper check?
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @JADavey

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

At the time, Quicken Bill Manager offers two payment options. 

Quick Pay: Send electronic payments to billers (payees) who have online accounts accessible by Quicken. This includes over 11,000 billers. 
    Check Pay: Send a check to anyone in the United States with an address. The check is sent through a Quicken service. You will no longer need to print or mail checks.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-make-payments-using-quick-pay-and-check-pay

Quick Pay requires that the payee have an online biller and Check Pay will be paid via check. At this time, there is no ability to make the type of payment you have described.

I have gone ahead and changed this post to an Idea so that others may vote on adding this feature to Quicken in the future.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • jrich75jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    Just in case you don't already know, you can do this directly from your bank using Zelle.  It's a free service and many banks already support it.  Both the sender and the receiver have to set up Zelle with their respective banks but once they do, the funds transfers go quickly.

I don't know if any of the Direct Connect banks that work with Billpay from Quicken can do this or not but there is a improvement suggestion regarding it.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878857/quicken-and-zelle
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Premier Subscription thru 2020
  • JADaveyJADavey Member ✭✭
    @jrfaris Hi. Thanks for suggestion of Zelle. It happens that in this particular situation, I can't use Zelle. The receiver is not able to set it up.