Photograph and save receipt attachments prior to credit card downloads

I understand photos of receipts are not stored in the actual Quicken file, and I assume on an Apple device, they are not stored in the Photos app. Where are they stored? If I photograph a receipt, for instance, before leaving a restaurant, and want to save it until the credit card is processed and the related entry is downloaded to my Quicken file, I suspect I can save a photo from my camera to Photos, but is there a way to save the image into Quicken without making an entry which would be duplicated when the download arrives?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Frank
    Frank Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, I have tried adding the receipt as a new transaction and waiting for the download from the credit card company. It does work fine. I had not taken the time to do it that way. Thanks all for you help.

Answers

• Frank
    Frank Member ✭✭
    Thanks, NotACPA, for the quick reply. Quicken could give us in QWin and QMac a way of holding receipts until downloaded transaction is there. Those on hold could be selected at that time.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frank said:
    ...is there a way to save the image into Quicken without making an entry which would be duplicated when the download arrives?
    I don't use mobile but I do the following occasionally for complex or important receipts.  In my Quicken program, I simply enter a transaction in the appropriate credit or banking account as soon as convenient after making the purchase.  You can attach a picture of the receipt and create splits if necessary to categorize the various items.  When the related download occurs it normally matches automatically to the entered transaction.  Even if you have to manually match it, you can avoid duplicates. 

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Frank
    Frank Member ✭✭
    Good point, jrfaris, I use both mobile and laptop with my account, and looking to save receipt without have to do a complete entry on my phone when out and about. Just like to photograph it and hold it for later, although I may need to do like you and just add the transaction and wait for the download. Thanks.
  • Frank
    Frank Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Okay, I have tried adding the receipt as a new transaction and waiting for the download from the credit card company. It does work fine. I had not taken the time to do it that way. Thanks all for you help.
This discussion has been closed.